Missing paint, anybody else got the same issue?

Steveroberts1971

Reaction score
I have got an odd one, my car came back from dealership only to notice that on one side of the front bumper paint has split on the inside of the wheel arch, the other side is totally painted as per factory finish. (See pictures) spoken to the garage and they say they should never have been painted on the inside of the front bumper and should be black. They propose to take the paint off the other side, not sure if this is true or not but have other A6 owners have theirs black or same colour as front bumper? Your help much appreciated.
BDDD49C3 7CF4 4D2C A9A4 E9BF6582348F
26B224A7 5289 494C A984 AC3A8B931CA4
7ED53ED7 9F0B 4A36 9307 D02A86501A56

Have the same issue on my car, also Glacier White. Took it in and after the dealer consulting with Audi the response came back "not a fault, that part is not meant to be painted" so it was left. On my first C7 I had the same issue on the rear bumper and that resulted in the bumper being replaced (twice, but that is another story). I would suggest you point it out to the dealer and get them to at least acknowledge it so if it gets worse you can prove you reported it

I have reported it and they said they will wipe the white paint off, which I thought sounded a bit strange, hence asking people on here if they had the same issue. It’s mad the things Audi is coming up with these issues.
Still got a bad whining noise from the steering whilst turning left and right, had nee ball joints fitted as they believe it’s a manufacturer defect, plus central door locking issues, certainly not good for the Audi brand.

I have reported it and they said they will wipe the white paint off, which I thought sounded a bit strange, hence asking people on here if they had the same issue. It’s mad the things Audi is coming up with these issues.
Still got a bad whining noise from the steering whilst turning left and right, had nee ball joints fitted as they believe it’s a manufacturer defect, plus central door locking issues, certainly not good for the Audi brand.
My thought is if they remove it as it's not sealed it will eventually lift the paint and start to spread and peel?

My thought is if they remove it as it's not sealed it will eventually lift the paint and start to spread and peel?
This is my argument with the garage but they claim a lot of cars have had this overspray on the inside of the bumper and have had to take the paint off back to the plastic and had no further issues, I personally think this is so poor and asking for future problems.

This is my argument with the garage but they claim a lot of cars have had this overspray on the inside of the bumper and have had to take the paint off back to the plastic and had no further issues, I personally think this is so poor and asking for future problems.
I would say that where it's lifted it is exposed to the elements there near the wheel, it will more than likely lift and peel if it doesn't get sealed. I actually looked for this on my A6 after having a BMW with the same issue (pressure washer took the paint off on the inside). It's not something that should be left.

But it's plastic anyway so what's the issue ? It's not a '67 Allegro, it's not going to corrode. The mechanic will get a bottle of dollop and rub it off. It will never see a proper bodyshop.