Q8 missing Parking Assist with Parking aid plus, can it be retrofitted?

skiingphil

Reaction score
Dealer gave me a 2020 Q8 S-Line spec with comfort and sound option, which included "Parking Assist with Parking aid plus".

Having brought the car, I found the "Parking Assist with Parking aid plus" is actually a 2021 Q8 S-Line spec, seams dealer gave me the wrong spec.

Whilst I await the dealers response, does any one know if the "Parking Assist with Parking aid plus" can be retrofitted? the Q8 i have does have 360 cameras, so wondering if it's a firmware upgrade.

If it is like the Q5, I think the parking assist/parking aid plus has extra sensors on the side of the car front and rear, so it can sense the size of the space and thus manouvere itself into it. Does you car have them? Should look like a parking sensor on bumper just behind rear wheel and in front of front wheel?

I certainly have what appears to be a sensor between the wheels and front/rear bumpers. I counted six sensors each end of the car.

Pretty sure you only get the sensors if you have the option. Have you registered with the myAudi app, put in the vin and read what the full Spec of the actual car is?

The app tells me I have the parking system plus with 360 degree display, so that matches what I have, but what I brought, on paper, was the park assist with parking aid plus.

You should have parking sensors around the side of your bumper like this.