Missing subsystem from 5F scan

MatjjA5

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently posted on here about issues with the control module on my A5. I went to Audi, who replaced it, but didn’t fix the issue. After lots of searching on forums etc I have just noticed that the subsystem in question (part no 8T0919611K) is not being picked up by the vcds scan. It should show me 4 subsystems, 1-firmware & maps, 2-screen, 3-control module & 4-cd database but I am only showing 1,2 & 4.

has anyone come across this and knows how to fix it? Does it need reprogramming or could it be a faulty connection? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That part is for the MMI control buttons around the gear shift. Do these buttons work?

Hi John, they did at first, then stopped. Took it to Audi, they changed the part but still the same. They said I need to change the 5f unit but wanted over £3k for it. Then on another forum, someone said check the pins on the connector as I can do the three button reset but nothing else. So I’m going to pick up a multimeter today hopefully to check it.