Missing subwoofer adjustment control

For anyone looking to have these updates performed outside of a dealership I now have the official firmware in stock.

Is this something that can be applied DIY or is special kit required? I’m based near Manchester and looking to enable sub control for B&O on a FL 2016 car.

Is this something that can be applied DIY or is special kit required? I’m based near Manchester and looking to enable sub control for B&O on a FL 2016 car.
This is something an authorised VW group services provider needs to apply.

This is something an authorised VW group services provider needs to apply.

Thanks for the reply. Just to clarify, does that mean a dealer? Or will certain independent garages be able to do it? If the latter can you advise how I would go about finding one?

I’ve seen reference to a TSB for the fix on a more US oriented Audi forum, do you know whether that TSB would apply in this instance or is there a different UK reference that may be useful for me to have?

Thanks for the reply. Just to clarify, does that mean a dealer? Or will certain independent garages be able to do it? If the latter can you advise how I would go about finding one?

I’ve seen reference to a TSB for the fix on a more US oriented Audi forum, do you know whether that TSB would apply in this instance or is there a different UK reference that may be useful for me to have?
Dealership or someone like myself.

TSB would only be available if Audi had officially recognised the problem. I believe there is one for this but not sure off the top of my head. TSB’s are different between markets / countries.

where are you based?

Manchester, but I would be open to travelling to resolve the issue. Do you want to PM me?

I got mine enabled just before the warranty ran out, after a lot of persuasion.. asked on two previous occasions without success. (B&O)

The changes they made to mine were as follows

Address 47: Sound System (J525)

Old:
Part No SW: 81A 035 466 HW: 81A 035 466
Component: MIB2_amp_P_A3 H10 0100
New:
Part No SW: 81A 035 466 B HW: 81A 035 466
Component: MIB2_amp_P_A3 H10 0440

Address 5F: Information Electr. (J794)

Old:
Part No SW: 8V1 035 035 HW: 8V1 035 035
Component: MU-P-LND-EU 052 0679
New:
Part No SW: 8V1 035 035 D HW: 8V1 035 035
Component: MU-P-LND-EU 052 1168

I couldn't believe the difference in sound, now sounds like my sound system had been in a box and now it's out !!
Three years without the sub woofer, I nearly asked them for a refund on the option.

Hi, what type of MMI MIB2 system do you have? Standard or High? Can you send me your VIN in private message, i want to check hardware differents.
I have the same problem on my 2017MY Sportback this B&O system.

So have Audi by any chance bow recognised that the missing sub woofer control is an issue ?

I have just bought a 66 plate (MY17) FL A3 with B and O and no sub control and I even think it doesn’t store bass or treble either.

I have a full years used approved warranty and just not sure whether to go dealer route and a load of rigmarole (potentially) or just get it updated third party.

Bought the car from Audi Bolton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
9a1b56c89e8eff3ffc0e5424b788ed9e.jpg

So have Audi by any chance bow recognised that the missing sub woofer control is an issue ?

I have just bought a 66 plate (MY17) FL A3 with B and O and no sub control and I even think it doesn’t store bass or treble either.

I have a full years used approved warranty and just not sure whether to go dealer route and a load of rigmarole (potentially) or just get it updated third party.

Bought the car from Audi Bolton.

9a1b56c89e8eff3ffc0e5424b788ed9e.jpg

Yes, there is a MMI update for those with B&O installed without subwoofer control. They should be able to update it for you if under warranty.

Does anyone have the TSB number ? I have read all this thread and cannot see anything.

I just don’t want to be jerked around by the dealer and if they know nothing about it I want to point them in the right direction.

Does anyone have the TSB number ? I have read all this thread and cannot see anything.

I just don’t want to be jerked around by the dealer and if they know nothing about it I want to point them in the right direction.

I do not have the number handy but if you let them know there is a bulletin for MMI software update to get subwoofer adjustment, they should know how to look it up to apply it. You can always call up and confirm before booking the appointment to be sure they know what you are referring to.

Have a look on the following, there are details of a software update that solves the missing sub woofer control on B&O systems

Salve ragazzi, ho un A3 PFL su cui ho installato un MIB2 e avevo già “A/S/S”. Non riesco più a regolare il subwoofer. La mia versione del software MIB2 è la 0235. L'aggiornamento risolve il bug solo per "B&O"? Cosa posso fare per riottenere la regolazione del subwoofer anche su MIB2 con “A/S/S”?

All sorted. MMi software update done by Audi Oldham. No quibble , knew exactly what was wrong and the sub control is now available.

Reactions: stubbly46
Salve ragazzi, ho un A3 PFL su cui ho installato un MIB2 e avevo già “A/S/S”. Non riesco più a regolare il subwoofer. La mia versione del software MIB2 è la 0235. L'aggiornamento risolve il bug solo per "B&O"? Cosa posso fare per riottenere la regolazione del subwoofer anche su MIB2 con “A/S/S”?
Hi guys, I have an A3 PFL on which I installed a MIB2 and I already had “A / S / S”. I can no longer adjust the subwoofer. My MIB2 software version is 0235. Does the update fix the bug for "B&O" only? What can I do to regain the subwoofer adjustment even on MIB2 with “A / S / S”?