MMI bluetooth problems- iphone??

trekbiker

Reaction score
Hi guys

I've just bought a B8 A4, with what I thought was a full media options pack. It has a phone cradle in the armrest, when i go into 'set-up', 'bluetooth options', the only options i ger are - change pincode & remove all devices. I was expecting to find one for search for new devices as has been the case in previous similiar (but older) vehicles. My BT was enabled on my iphone but unable to find the car's system.
Are iphone's incompatible with the Audi system- surely not?
Am i doing something wrong or does my system not have all the bells& whistles?
Is my only option to change the cradle interface?

thanks in advance

Put the key into the ignition and turn it to the second position, do not start the car.

Then search from your Iphone, should find it no problem as "Audi UHVxxxx"

Reactions: trekbiker
Craig- Once again your font of knowledge has shown me up with a schoolboy error- i was trying to do it on the hop, rather than with the car stationary:keule:
I seem to recall that BMW BT systems are always paired in ignition setting 2, but i thought that with audis it wasn't the case. Oh well! Its working now, thanks buddy!

No probs, it is a common mistake, i had a customer that had been trying for 4 weeks to pair a phone whilst moving. He called me to complain that the kit I fitted nearly 2.5 years ago was no longer working since he changed phones. He didn't tell me he was moving whilst trying to pair the phone. 2 mins sat in his car showed him the error of his ways.