Facelift MMI broken

Parklife

Reaction score
Long story short
Windscreen replaced and camera could not be calibrated. After 3 different companies trying windscreen replaced again with Audi glass, but still could not be calibrated. Eventually Audi sorted it but removed the coding I had done using OBD11.

When I got the car back on Thursday I reapplied the coding using the apps on OBD11 for lane departure, gauge sweep and rear lights as DRL. Everything fine Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning.

Then Sunday afternoon noticed that Android Auto wasn't working and then also the sat nav and Bluetooth. Rebooted phone and MMI but no difference. Left it overnight and still the same. Ran a scan and found the attached error.

Any ideas or is it off to Audi I go?
778d1e9c38542adc7d50b8bb530c7f72.jpg
4d58dc9ec9f3b95f9f063f6f75433a41.jpg
4a950702c7a84fd792bda58c8103c34d.jpg
e5ecc3b702d0423f63ccc995e5ac8653.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Did you take a backup through OBD11 in case something went wrong, long shot maybe but you never know...

Did you take a backup through OBD11 in case something went wrong, long shot maybe but you never know...
No, I didn't. Just seemed odd that it was fine for 2 days, would have assumed that if sonething screwed up it would have been evident immediately.

Yes, maybe clutching at straws but it was the last thing you did to the car, however might just be coincidental. Have you tried resetting the mmi system?

Yes, maybe clutching at straws but it was the last thing you did to the car, however might just be coincidental. Have you tried resetting the mmi system?
Yes tried this a few times no difference unfortunately

It does have all the history so I guess I could manually revert all the changes back to the as was position. Might try this tomorrow.

I couldn't resolve it and as it was going in for a service got Audi to look at it. They did a software update and it's all good.... Even better is I didn't lose any of the mods I did.

Reactions: cuke2u