MMI Cable in new car

Shadowman

Reaction score
Am I right in saying my new car should have the lead for the MMI included ?....Please don't tell me I have to buy it myself !!

Depends if it had ami spec'd or included with the car when built or retrofitted.

As greedy as audi are, they don't fit ami without at least 1 cable afaik, just pop to the dealer tomorrow & ask where it is, assuming you've stripped the car to find it :p

Yep.....looked high and low but no cable.....presumably it's the red one for iPod 7th gen ( mini USB )?

I'll give them a call as you say...thanks.

Most likely you will not have it. Audi are tight and will want you to pay. Dont let them make you pay for it, tell them to give it to you for free you just bought a brand new car off them ?
When my wife got hers they didn't put one in but i asked for one and they just gave it me.

Got it in mine but it was not the mini usb one. Standard I-pod connector.

You should get 2 cables with new car, apple end fitting and USB socket. They are not put in the car from factory as liable to go walkies during transit!

Ok, thanks all. Already have the lightning to 30pin adaptor from the S3 so to be honest any lead would be a start....I'll contact them today.
Cars off for detailing today, so hopefully pics tomorrow....still odd pulling up and putting diesel in a car ..:icon_thumright:

at warrington audi I got two ami cables ( usb and standard ipod) as stated above and didn't have to pay for them when I got my new car off them, the dealer grabbed them before he went to show me all the gadgets in the car before I drove off. Awesome :)!

at warrington audi I got two ami cables ( usb and standard ipod) as stated above and didn't have to pay for them when I got my new car off them, the dealer grabbed them before he went to show me all the gadgets in the car before I drove off. Awesome :)!
That sounds great service ! I love Warrington Audi myself. When i bought my car from Blackburn they picked one exactly the same from Warrington Audi (Which is mine now) because the other one had a chip on it.

You should get 2 cables with new car, apple end fitting and USB socket. They are not put in the car from factory as liable to go walkies during transit!
They will do ! You could make a fortune nabbing them and selling them on Ebay.
I never got any oil in the boot of my Car when i collected it. It was only 6 months later i realised that Oil comes in the boot with a brand new car so i lost out there. And i was also waiting 1 hour when i picked the car up because somebody nicked the Sat-Nav disk out of it !

But i did get a free set of Rubber mats and some Audi Dust caps and some touch up paint and some Silicone lubricant spray for the squeaky window rubbers when i used demon shine on it.

That sounds great service ! I love Warrington Audi myself. When i bought my car from Blackburn they picked one exactly the same from Warrington Audi (Which is mine now) because the other one had a chip on it.

Yes mate they are spot on :)! Had a really good service from them after being totally messed around by ****ty liverpool audi! Also they prepped my car really well with the "bodycare" pack ( 2 pound can of sealant haha) but i was really happy with the finish as there was NO swirlmarks at all!! I was amazed as this seems the norm for new cars at audi dealerships! I would recommend to anyone :)!