MMI connect help.

Ken76

New to Audi
Reaction score
Do you need to buy a data sim to use MMI or can I use the data through my phone? I have purchased the key code required as well but need help to sort it out. Many thanks

Do you need to buy a data sim to use MMI or can I use the data through my phone? I have purchased the key code required as well but need help to sort it out. Many thanks

I have put my own data sim in.
But the built in one will work for the Audi connect, you need the licences to do that. Audi will renew for free, I done mine over Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ken76
But the built in one will work for the Audi connect, you need the licences to do that. Audi will renew for free, I done mine over Twitter

There’s an Sd card in slot one I assume that’s for the maps? I’ll get go to Audi and see if they can help with the licence how will I know if it’s been activated for me? Can I look it up within MMI?

Also you said you’ve your own data sim was that one you purchased? If I use the build in one then how do you pay for that?

Also you said you’ve your own data sim was that one you purchased? If I use the build in one then how do you pay for that?

The built in one is free, and when your licences renew for Audi connect it will use the built in sim for its data....This won’t supply any other data. I installed my own, a Normal data sim, and now the car uses that as a default. This is my WI-FI too.
This is in a sim slot in the glove box. The SD is for maps. You can’t physically see your built in sim!
If you contact Audi customer services then they will add another years licences for free, you can check the licence periods and their expiration in your own MMI

There’s an Sd card in slot one I assume that’s for the maps? I’ll get go to Audi and see if they can help with the licence how will I know if it’s been activated for me? Can I look it up within MMI?

I messaged them and within 2 days it was updated remotely. No need to visit an Audi garage.

I messaged them and within 2 days it was updated remotely. No need to visit an Audi garage.

So it that gets renewed by Audi I don’t need to worry about a data sim however I can if I want I can at a later stage get a data only sim? Is that correct then all I need is a licence? Is that right?

So it that gets renewed by Audi I don’t need to worry about a data sim however I can if I want I can at a later stage get a data only sim? Is that correct then all I need is a licence? Is that right?

That’s correct.

The built in one is free, and when your licences renew for Audi connect it will use the built in sim for its data....This won’t supply any other data. I installed my own, a Normal data sim, and now the car uses that as a default. This is my WI-FI too.
This is in a sim slot in the glove box. The SD is for maps. You can’t physically see your built in sim!
If you contact Audi customer services then they will add another years licences for free, you can check the licence periods and their expiration in your own MMI

do you know the menu selections to check this?

do you know the menu selections to find expiration dates??