MMI Connection to car from MMIConnect

NevMan

Well known member
Reaction score
Hi,

Can someone tell me how I establish a connection, or explain the below:

- No connection to vehicle possible
- Initiate connection to MMI in myAudi app. - I have set-up everything (I think in myAudi App)

I have connection to the vehicle in the sense I can review mileage, oil, fuel, lock/unlock etc

Any help/explanation would be much appreciated

Attachments

• MMI.jpg
    MMI.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 749
  • MyAudi.jpg
    MyAudi.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 459
  • status.jpg
    status.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 531
Reactions: Audib5fan
Hi Man, is your phone rSAP capable, and if it is (commonly like a samsung s8 is but no iphones are) do you have it enabled in bluetooth profiles ?
A quick search for your phone model and rSAP in google may point you in rigth direction.
If your phone is NOT capable, you can use soemone elses phone, I used my sons S8 edge

Reactions: NevMan
Hi Man, is your phone rSAP capable, and if it is (commonly like a samsung s8 is but no iphones are) do you have it enabled in bluetooth profiles ?
A quick search for your phone model and rSAP in google may point you in rigth direction.
If your phone is NOT capable, you can use soemone elses phone, I used my sons S8 edge

Hi Paul. Many thanks for the reply.

I have a iPhone 6s, and upon googling see it is not compatible likes other apple devices. To be honest never heard of rsap before. So if I get a s8 to use, what needs to be done? Is it a case of installing app on phone and setting something? Is it a one off thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the S9 Plus and it works fine, as did my old S7 Edge. Install the app and connect via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and job dine.

A lot of phones have an rSAP bluetooth profile, nearly all samsungs iirc, but the list of phones that don't or can't i think is bigger. Some networks don't allow it either ( i think vodaphone but can't be sure, maybe just the hotspot it blocks) . IF your car has a SIM slot you could ofcourse put a copy of your Sim card in the car (your sim wont fit from an iphone6s iirc it's a small one) if your provider will clone your card (usually for a small fee).
you should get 95% of the info you need with a google with the words . . audi rsap compatible phones

I have the S9 Plus and it works fine, as did my old S7 Edge. Install the app and connect via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and job dine.

A lot of phones have an rSAP bluetooth profile, nearly all samsungs iirc, but the list of phones that don't or can't i think is bigger. Some networks don't allow it either ( i think vodaphone but can't be sure, maybe just the hotspot it blocks) . IF your car has a SIM slot you could ofcourse put a copy of your Sim card in the car (your sim wont fit from an iphone6s iirc it's a small one) if your provider will clone your card (usually for a small fee).
you should get 95% of the info you need with a google with the words . . audi rsap compatible phones

Thanks for the info gents, but still trying to work out if this is a one time thing I need to do (use Samsung or rSAP compatible phone), or is that what you need period to get the link/functionality?

Sounds like a dedicated SIM is best option, but then do I really need it if I use phone with car play for data

I used my sons phone, but only once just to see if there were any updates. a lot of these systems are different though so i dont know if your particualr system will tell you that. so in reality it doesn't have to be your own phone, just a phone where you get to enter your myaudi pin number
P.S yes there were updates and i used myaudi to apply them with an SD card

thanks Paul, will try and borrow a "decent" phone :icon thumright:

I think that is misleading. I have 'no connection possible' and yet, having just checked, I can unlock it, it shows where its parked, shows the full tank i put in it yesterday etc etc.

Perhaps this is something to do with an additional data service?

ah, actually, do you connect your iphone via bluetooth or via the lead in the armrest? I use the lead exclusively so my phone isn't set up to bluetooth to the car.

Perhaps the connection is only possible when you are bluetoothed in the vehicle.

I think that is misleading. I have 'no connection possible' and yet, having just checked, I can unlock it, it shows where its parked, shows the full tank i put in it yesterday etc etc.

Perhaps this is something to do with an additional data service?

ah, actually, do you connect your iphone via bluetooth or via the lead in the armrest? I use the lead exclusively so my phone isn't set up to bluetooth to the car.

Perhaps the connection is only possible when you are bluetoothed in the vehicle.
Agree, I can also lock/unlock, see mileage, fuel etc, and that is via iPhone on any wifi network. Just couldn't figure out why I got the connection not possible, enable via MyAudi, hence original post