MMI Galaxy S4 & Spotify

Vibe

Reaction score
Hello all!!

This is my first post so apologies for the newbie post!

I've just brought a Audi S5 which i pick up just over a week :D
My question is i play all my music over spotify on my galaxy S4, when i connect my S4 to the audi i'm assuming i cannot play the app's music via the MMI? only music that is stored on my phone?

I was told with some phones you get locked out the them once you connect it to the car so looks like i may not be able to play spotify at all...
:uhm:

Thanks! and any help appreciated :)

Im not sure about spotify, by I can play music through sound cloud by pressing the media function via my iphone, so I can only assume you should be able to do the same.

So depending on how new your car is you can either stream spotify using bluetooth to your car MMI.
OR if it's an older car, you can use the AUX input and connect your phone via headphone cable to aux-in to play spotify.

Thanks for the replies much appreciated! Its a 57 plate S5 would it have AUX port? So I take it soons I connect my phone via usb I cannot access it? Only via the MMI?

I can only access it via MMI once I've plugged my phone in

If you're using Aux - you can still access the phone as usual.

Im not 100% sure if the car has AUX, is it something they all have as standard? as i dont remember seeing a port in the arm rest

I use Spotify through MMI on my iPhone, very easy to use, but the downside is you can't change the tracks via the car, if you try changing tracks it starts playing music direct from the phone, not spotify. Might be different on your phone.

Thanks for the reply! Is this via lightning connector or AUX?

Brilliant thank you :) I was told that once you plug your phone in you cannot access it as you get locked out?

Ohh no i haven't seen that, defiently wouldn't do that through AUX cable. Maybe on newer cars on Lightening/30pin, but it doesn't do it on mine which is 57.