MMI help

HannahL

Reaction score
Hi, I have a A3 66 plate - the MMI centre control buttons were sticking due to previous owner and sticky drink. Found some info about using electrical contact spray to clean which is what I have done and buttons no longer stick ☺️ But the controls now don’t work (they did for a day) radio still plays and I can connect phone for Apple CarPlay. Screen has jammed slightly open. Any ideas on issue. Any help much appreciated.

Attachments

• 511DACCF-479A-482B-91DC-9E5B15F80F3D.jpeg
    511DACCF-479A-482B-91DC-9E5B15F80F3D.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 78
Hi, can’t reset as none of the buttons work on the centre and don’t know if there is a way to reset via the steering wheel controls. I have power to the screen and steering wheel controls but the centre with Menu etc isn’t on.. :(

Something may have shorted when you sprayed the fluid. Best bet is to take the console apart and clean all the wire contacts.

The centre console sections are dirt cheap on eBay for PFL's, mght be worth just purchasing another to get you up and running.

You can remove your existing unit and remove the board, but it's not an easy feet and may not prove fruitful if you have shorted it.