Mmi issue

Henno005

Reaction score
Picked up my A3 yesterday already done 150 miles and was loving it
Until getting back in my car and the mmi wouldn’t boot up

has Audi or anyone found a fix for this yet ? Even just a temporary one to get it to work for the journey.
the car was built last week in April

Picked up my A3 yesterday already done 150 miles and was loving it
Until getting back in my car and the mmi wouldn’t boot up

has Audi or anyone found a fix for this yet ? Even just a temporary one to get it to work for the journey.
the car was built last week in April
Based on my own experience I don't think Audi UK or Audi Germany have the foggiest idea of how to deal with these cars electronic problems. There are numerous issues littered around the MMI OS and when they rush out a software update it ends up failing to rectify the issue and in my case causes more problems than it went in with.

This whole car seems rushed and we are the beta testers. I imagine they will mask the problems with various patches but it'll take time to resolve these issues completely as they are clearly sending new cars out of the factory defective. As the problems run far and wide their scatter gunning approach needs improving.

I’ve recently handed the car back to Audi after having the multiple issues including the one your facing.

Having had it for 2 months, I noticed these issues mainly happened in central london where I’m from, but when I visit my in laws in the West Midlands, the issues would disappear.

I have somewhere on this forum that there is a update to be released soon + I recently went to my local Audi to purchase a different car and one of the sales execs (who was the ONLY person in the many people I’ve dealt with from customer services to Audi showrooms and technicians etc who knew about the issues before I had to even go into detail about them) who had mentioned that there is a 9 hour recall due soon which should fix the issues such as the SOS malfunction, MMI start up freeze, black flickering screen when using Apple car play etc..

I wasn’t willing to stick around and wait for an update ontop of the fact my edition 1 didn’t have WIRELESS Apple car play!

If you have the issues persisting, get it into them immediately and don’t br afraid to reject the car and start from fresh.