Mmi Issue

Yelwob

Reaction score
Hi all!

Have done a reasonable search around for some answers but haven't been able to find anything. Maybe someone can offer some advice or push me in the right direction.

Lately I have had an issue with my mmi system. One morning it did not turn on at all. No lights down by gear shifter and nothing on the screen.
Decided to scan for codes and saw an energy management code and low voltage. I checked my battery with a voltmeter and it was low so i charged the battery and checked to see if the mmi would boot. Nothing happened. I diconnected the battery for 15mins and tried again. The mmi booted and worked for a couple of days.
I have a 2011 b8 s4 that still had the factory battery so ordered a new one as i was noticing slow cranking etc. Got that installed a couple of days ago and recoded the battery also. Once again the mmi booted and played music etc.
Now again this morning i get no lights and no screen etc.

Not sure where to go next or where to begin. It works perfectly for a day or 2 then one morning it just won't boot or do anything until i disconnect and reconnect the battery then it is all fine again.

Any thoughts and help is much appreciated.

Might be worth checking if water has got into the rear compartment where the radio unit, amps etc are. The optical cable connects to those units and if wet can stop the signal passing to the unit. This happened to me recently when I had sunroof rear drains blocked and water was coming into the rear. I did have an optical fault code though.

Hope you find the answer.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestion. Had a look and all seems dry.
Scanned the car and got 2 codes - from the CAN Gateway
02256 - Quiescent current - sporadic. Upper limit exceeded.
03041 - Energy Management Active.

Something drawing power while the car is off? Not sure where to start with this.

Dashcam?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk