MMI - main user unable to login

Justphil

Reaction score
Had car a few days and all has been fine, but this morning unable to login as the main user. The option is not there but there is a message that the main user has remote access. I have tried to login by selecting a different user and finding my name on the list, but when i try this method an error message occurs. Any one had similar issues and a possible fix?

I had this message this morning for the first time - it kept telling me that there had been a fault and I could not be logged in. Seems to have solved itself tonight on the journey home - perhaps it's another Audi network issue!

I just wish you could stop all the messages, unless I’m missing something.
Get in the car, you have to choose a user, then something about car play.
If you turn car play off you get messages about other things not working !
When you stop the car you get a ‘Note’ saying something about interior sensors so you have to close that as well.
The note box also comes up with random messages every now and then.
I need to have a good look and see if you can turn notes off.
Already turned lane guidance off, it’s awful, pulls the steering all over if you change lanes.

When you stop the car you get a ‘Note’ saying something about interior sensors so you have to close that as well.
Already turned lane guidance off, it’s awful, pulls the steering all over if you change lanes.
Having to select a user each time is a bit annoying, but I don’t get any message about car play (I haven’t enabled wireless car play). The note when you switch off the ignition will clear on its own without being dismissed (as most, if not all, do), so I just ignore it (until there comes a time when I want to disable the car alarm sensors).

When Lane guidance is in use, the car will allow you to cross lanes without interference if you indicate whilst doing so (which is also useful for other drivers around you).

I never selec the user when I drive off. I leave the message there and it clears after a short period of time. The only time I might dismiss it manually is when I need to change the radio before I drive off.

Land guidance is a mixed blessing / curse. I have to say while it's annoying I don't find it as bad as on some other brands where the force on the while is excessive and the vibration is horrible. At least the Audi solution seems to be mild - to say the least

Reactions: AdamInKent
I found today that even though I am the key user and I have gone into the settings and turned lane guidance off it keeps turning itself back on for some reason.
Looks like I will just use the end of the stalk if I want to turn it off.

Does anyone know if you can set ‘Home’ on the sat nav as the location you are currently at ?
I am on my drive but it wants to set home about 200 yards away as you come into my street. Not the end of the world but it’s not right.
I don’t like the fact you cannot input anything into the sat nav while your driving. My wife was trying to enter a location but the car has to be stationary before it will let you. Not much use on a motorway.
It’s nowhere near as easy to use as my Cupra was. Better graphics though.

Also, I cannot see how to turn off the mirror adjusting every time you put the car into reverse.

I found today that even though I am the key user and I have gone into the settings and turned lane guidance off it keeps turning itself back on for some reason.

Does anyone know if you can set ‘Home’ on the sat nav as the location you are currently at ?
I am on my drive but it wants to set home about 200 yards away as you come into my street. Not the end of the world but it’s not right.
I don’t like the fact you cannot input anything into the sat nav while your driving. My wife was trying to enter a location but the car has to be stationary before it will let you. Not much use on a motorway.

Also, I cannot see how to turn off the mirror adjusting every time you put the car into reverse.
I actually prefer to set my home address near by, so that if the car was stolen they wouldn't know where you live

My wife has used the Sat Nav whilst I'm driving

Just leave the mirror selector switch in the middle position so no mirror is selected and the passenger mirror will not dip.

Reactions: AdamInKent, Ludus and iang27
You don't need to change user unless you have multiple users set up and you were not the last one to use it? It is just a welcome screen showing who last used, and you press select user if you want a different one - you can just set off, or touch radio or sat nav to remove - and you're away..

The interior sensors comes up when you turn off so you can disable the interior alarm settings if you are say leaving a dog in the car, and just popping to pay for fuel or something - but again you don't need to close this as it just goes away.

I am with you on the lane guidance, and limited visibility warnings is a further bug bear.

The limited visibility warning is annoying and unnecessary. Evolution has given me my own inbuilt limited visibility warning system. It's called my eyes! Given that functioning eyes are a requirement to be able to drive, a dashboard warning is surplus to requirements.

I understand that this warning, is part of the car2x functionality, so it can be triggered by a similarly equipped car up ahead turning on their fog light or wipers.