MMI Paired Phone Deletion - How?

HawkeyeS3

Reaction score
OK, so how does one delete paired phones from one's MMI that you no longer have or don't know about - just connected my new phone to my system and it tells me it can't load the contacts because there are more than 4 phones already connected - so I need to delete some.

When I paired my new phone today, it did show a list of the other 4 phones already connected, 2 of which I don't recognise - seems to be an Audi Corporate? and another I don't recognise (could be the wife's old phone, long gone)

Looked in the manual which seems to suggest that if you go into "Manage Devices" a list of all phones paired with the MMI should show. I wish - only shows 3, my personal phone, my work phone and my wife's (current) phone. Not the other 2.

I have tried setting the settings to visible, invisible whatever. Cannot get all 5 to show within manage devices

So where am I going wrong......I'm not even getting the option to disconnect the (unknown) devices, only the ones I do know about?

Thanks in advance

Thanks S32B, appreciate you taking the time to do a video - indeed mine does work like that - the problem I have though is that when you go into Device Management, even with "visible" - only 3 of the 5 paired devices are showing. The reason I know there are 5 is because when I connected my personal iPhone this morning, I got a message along the lines of "4 devices are already paired, contacts cannot be loaded" and then showed me a list of the devices already paired - but when I go into device management it only shows 3 - so I can't "see" the rogue 2 devices to delete them.

Try deleting them all including your own so there are none left. Then reset unit (or power off by long pressing the big jog wheel for 10 seconds) and make sure they're still all gone. Then add yours back in.

Sounds like a plan! We'll give that a try in the morning. Thanks pipedaudi.

Hi I am having a similar issue
My new phone and my partners come up under the Bluetooth section but not the old phones
Also my phone won’t download contacts nor do I get a warning saying too many devices
From old phones there are about 600 contacts and it says 2000 available

I can’t see in the thread which MMI you have but on my PFL non tech pack:

1. Delete your phone in device management

2. Go to setup menu / reset and you should have a list of options to reset back to factory settings. Tick ‘Directory’ and it will erase the stored contacts.

John.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro