Mmi screen setting not in the manual

Filumo

Reaction score
If you press the rotary volume knob for a extended time the screen stays permanently down!! No music though afaik..

I thought that was common knowledge! As it's just a power button.

Edit* On that note if the radio is on and you use the button on the dash to lower the screen, does the music stay on then???

I thought that was common knowledge! As it's just a power button.

Edit* On that note if the radio is on and you use the button on the dash to lower the screen, does the music stay on then???

Music stays on with the screen down on my car using button on dash to lower it - will check on the way home just at little lads swimming lesson.

Reactions: S32B
No this is a feature that keeps the screen down permanently until you press the volume button again, even when the ignition is turned off. The dash button doesn't work until you do this..

Just be aware that if you turn the MMI system off using the rotary button (held down for an extended time so the screen stays down - you also get a message on your dash to confirm that the "entertainment system is off), then all other MMI features - including the phone - switch off, so if someone rings you, it will ring the phone itself, but it won't ring through the MMI hands free system.

However if you turn the volume down and lower the screen, everything continues to work as normal

Just be aware that if you turn the MMI system off using the rotary button (held down for an extended time so the screen stays down - you also get a message on your dash to confirm that the "entertainment system is off), then all other MMI features - including the phone - switch off, so if someone rings you, it will ring the phone itself, but it won't ring through the MMI hands free system.

However if you turn the volume down and lower the screen, everything continues to work as normal

Are you quite sure? Certainly you can't make calls with the MMI off (which is ****** irritating) but I thought that a incoming call woke it up.

Are you quite sure? Certainly you can't make calls with the MMI off (which is ****** irritating) but I thought that a incoming call woke it up.

Hmm you've got me wondering now, will try it later today.

Certainly with the system on, but screen down, an incoming call will raise the screen, and the auto lower when you end the call.

And I'm pretty sure that if you have the whole system off an incoming call does not lift the screen nor does the call come through the onboard hands free.

As I say will do a test later and post up

Yes indeed, turning MMI off, turns it OFF :)

.... the screen doesn't even open to show reverse camera.

More interesting ...... its not just a rotary knob - its a joystick with SKIP << & >> :)

Yes indeed, turning MMI off, turns it OFF :)

.... the screen doesn't even open to show reverse camera.

More interesting ...... its not just a rotary knob - its a joystick with SKIP << & >> :)

Sorry @xBox, this is definitely wrong. If you completely turn off MMI (by holding down the control knob) the screen definitely pops up to show reversing camera when required - at least it does on my car (MY15). I do this a lot.

Don't have the reversing camera on mine, so can't comment on RichardT's response (above), but in respect of the phone, on mine at least, if the MMI is switched completely off and a call comes in, it doesn't raise the screen or call on the hands free.

That's not to say it won't do it on later builds of course, manufacturers do make subtle changes at times. The only way realistically for yown own car is to try it.

Sorry @xBox, this is definitely wrong. If you completely turn off MMI (by holding down the control knob) the screen definitely pops up to show reversing camera when required - at least it does on my car (MY15). I do this a lot.

Mmmmh, the screen has def failed to open for me in reverse, with MMI off - will specifically test:)

I'll try mine later too out of interest ....

Yep mine does the same when switched off by pressing the little volume button and getting 'entertainment off' in the DIS the screen pops back up to show the reversing camera then back down when you switch the park sensors off or drive off.

Yes, I was wrong, the screen reopenes for reverse, with MMI off. Don't know what I did to stop it opening, but then first 2-days where a bit of a button pressing/learning frenzy!

Yep just tried it :)

Round power button held down and the screen goes down & music goes off, put car in reverse screen pops up, pull off and screen goes down.
Put the screen down with button on dash and the music stays on, put car in reverse screen pops up, pull off screen goes down :)

Hell we have such hard lives don't we :D

Reactions: Rob2k68