MMI - SD Card structure

Astraeus

Reaction score
Evening folks.

I'm struggling with the SD card on the MMI.

I have a 16GB Sandisk SDHC card. I have loaded the MP3s on to it in the following format: <Artist>/<Album>/<Song.mp3>. It is formatted as FAT32 and the SD is named "Audi".

When I put the SD card into either slot, it fails to read. The slots will, however, read the Audi maps SD card. The SD card (1) or (2) is greyed out on the media menu and the screen tells me that there is no playable media.

Please can anyone shed some light on what I need to do differently?

Hi Astraeus,
Not sure why this is not working unless it is something to do with the card.
When I researched for mine a couple of years ago I found most were using the SanDisk extreme SDXC 10 speed although might be faster card available since then.
I followed the same folder system as you but used iTunes, 'copy' each album I wanted and then paste onto the card in the relevant artist folder.
Could you perhaps try a different card from some other device if available to see if it works.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: Astraeus
Are you formatting it using a PC or a Mac? I have both but had difficulty with an SD I formatted as FAT32 on the Mac, but it wasn’t partitioned correctly so wouldn’t read in the car. I then reformatted it using Windows (also as FAT32) and it worked perfectly.

Just a thought... as your folder structure is fine. We had similar issues with a photo printing shop we used to use that couldn’t read some USB sticks.

Are you formatting it using a PC or a Mac? I have both but had difficulty with an SD I formatted as FAT32 on the Mac, but it wasn’t partitioned correctly so wouldn’t read in the car. I then reformatted it using Windows (also as FAT32) and it worked perfectly.

Just a thought... as your folder structure is fine. We had similar issues with a photo printing shop we used to use that couldn’t read some USB sticks.
What you will find is your mmi will only be able to read ex amount off files ( think is a 1000 ) then after that it cant see the others .