MMI update 2G

Bigtobs

Reaction score
Can anybody recommend somewhere in the northwest to do an MMI update for me I'm currently running the 42.20..??
The reason is my Bluetooth keeps losing its self I have had it switched on using VCDS but after a while or after switching the car off the Bluetooth code is just disappearing from the box where it should be when you look at it using the VCDS..!!
I have been told that an update could solve the issue and to try it first. Would you guys recommend taking it to audi or is there an independent place Liverpool Manchester area.??

you can get the update disks from the internet (Ebay) , loads from CD changer , easy job, i did it with car running all the time as paranoid about power loss , takes about an hr

The only thing that puts me off doing it myself is people have said they can fail and cause damage..! If that's not the case I will definitely attempt it myself. What are people's thoughts.??

Yes, there is a slim chance that the update can go wrong but then again whoever does the update for you won't do anything else but insert the CD and hit Update. The bad thing can just as well happen to them.

Get the three 5750 update CDs and insert the first one in the CD changer's position 1. Then hold Setup + Return for a few seconds until the Update menu comes up. Then press Update (lower right corner) and CD. It's all self-explanatory. Once it's done, you will be asked to reboot. Then insert the second and then the third CD. You will see the progress of the update and the result after each update CD's finished. If you get any N/OKs you will need to run the respective CD again.

I recommend you keep your car on charger during the update as it can take a long time - up to 2 hours. The Bluetooth unit usually takes the longest.

AJAX

That's great thanks mate goin to try and get it sorted this weekend after I finish my nights.

It's very quick if you don't have the phone module to update.

Reactions: Homer Simpson