MMI update chances

hungabunga

Reaction score
i have been reading up on the B&O system and saw a mention of seperare sub and bass controls. Having looked into it further it seems later versions of the MMI have the option but early versions do not.
There have been a few posts where users have said Audi dealerships won’t do this unless there is fault. Has anyone managed to get the MMI version updated and what was the reason given. Is slow response and freezing/rebooting when using car play enough to justify updating.
Will Audi do it if I pay for the time it takes?

Thanks
Sully

Hey buddy, I’m not sure if the A4 has the separate controls. I think this is for the B&O in A5 and above.... I could be wrong (often am)

I will try my luck with the dealer, current version is 0333.
You could be right as it was a wide search, would be good if the sub can be controlled separately. The B&O system is a bit pants compared to the HK in the bmw

Sully

20180731 212815
Webpnet resizeimage

Last edited:
Hello...judging by your software version....I think you have the smaller screen with the black surround?
The separate controls are only with later software with the bigger screen with silver surround I believe.

Nightmare to get updated as well! I've wanted these controls for ages and have tried all sorts of reasons to get this update but have been refused every time. I have actually had a few issues with rebooting etc. Was told they could try the update if I paid 200 for it! 200 to get my mmi working properly in the warranty period.....thanks Audi!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hello...judging by your software version....I think you have the smaller screen with the black surround?
The separate controls are only with later software with the bigger screen with silver surround I believe.

I have the smaller screen with sub and bass control

Nightmare to get updated as well! I've wanted these controls for ages and have tried all sorts of reasons to get this update but have been refused every time. I have actually had a few issues with rebooting etc. Was told they could try the update if I paid 200 for it! 200 to get my mmi working properly in the warranty period.....thanks Audi!

Not quite true, my software version is 0917 and I have separate controls.

I have the larger screen, can you pay them to update it or is it just policy not to do it.

Attachments

• 985EA35D-027E-45C6-A134-B535AE50DDC8.jpeg
    985EA35D-027E-45C6-A134-B535AE50DDC8.jpeg
    871.3 KB · Views: 525
Dealer's won't update the MMI system unless there is an issue, and there is a known fix with a specific software version. Audi AG and the Authorised dealers have the view if it's not broken then don't fix it. Also if the update causes a problem and has been applied without Audi AG's permission (Known TSB) then the dealer cannot claim any warranty.

Don’t the likes of Mercedes and BMW update their infotainment systems over the air? It’s crazy how Audi will go out of their way to not update theirs

There are a few features missing on the older software

My car has keyless entry and i have the ability to turn it off. So if i am somewhere with a higher risk of getting the key relay attacked i can turn it off

This should be updated on all cars with keyless entry as it could stop a number of thefts!!

No it won't. If they really want your car they will break into the house and steal your keys.

More for out and about reading on the 3 series forum they are capturing key data in public car parks etc

Yes and they also use radio frequency jammers, so you walk away and press the key fob thinking the car is locked but the signal has been blocked so the scum get into the car, they then program a new key via the diagnostic port and drive away with your motor. At lest with keyless you have to be within a meter of the car so the car picks up the key when you press the button on the door handle. keyless or not if the scum what your car they will find away, even to the point of car jacking. Far as I'm concerned they can have it. It's bit lump of metal & plastic and not worth my life trying to save it.

Yes and they also use radio frequency jammers, so you walk away and press the key fob thinking the car is locked but the signal has been blocked so the scum get into the car, they then program a new key via the diagnostic port and drive away with your motor. At lest with keyless you have to be within a meter of the car so the car picks up the key when you press the button on the door handle. keyless or not if the scum what your car they will find away, even to the point of car jacking. Far as I'm concerned they can have it. It's bit lump of metal & plastic and not worth my life trying to save it.
Or they "clone" your fob, and you or your fob are nowhere in sight.

Agree, that is why insurance, GAP etc is...excuse the pun...key

I agree bmw were more accommodating when I had a small issue with album art not showing. They updated the software without even questioning anything further.
The bit that makes Audi worse is you can’t even pay for it to be updated as a last resort