Mmi update disc

audiv8quattro

Reaction score
hi guys just picked up my 3.0tdi a6 today and after coming from my b7 s4 I'm quite surprised at how well this car performs and how well equipped it is compared to the s4, although I've been trying to connect my phone through Bluetooth and trying a couple of other features and I can't seem to do it, I put the passcode into my phone to connect but for some reason it just won't connect to the car, the car doesn't come up with enter code or anything, it just comes up with enter sim, it does have Bluetooth as the options are there on the mmi, then I was reading that the mmi system could need updating. Does anyone know where I can get the update disc or do Audi still make the disc for my model? It's a 2005 on a 54 plate. Thanks a lot for any help

You may have the old motorola phone prep, which has a bespoke BT comunications and you can only connect the Audi motorola handsets to the car.

Can you post a picture of the screen on the phone menu, and a pic of the hardware in the armrest, that would confirm.

If you do have the motorola set the best solution is to rip the unit out and replace with a standard setup, like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A4-A...5-4E0910336-/121753559055?hash=item1c5913e00f

Ah right that makes sense, there is a pone holder and SIM card holder in the arm rest, I automatically thought that because my phone Bluetooth found the Audi Bluetooth then it had Bluetooth, ok I'll get some photos in a bit and post them up, thanks a lot mate

What you have just said confirms it's the old motorola prep, as in my first post you need to replace the phone module with the one shown in the ebay link.

Ok brilliant, also another quick one, do you know the best place to get the latest sat nav disc from please? Or is it best to go to Audi? This is the version mine is running at the min, sorry for all the questions, this is my first a6.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 231
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 197
The MMI software update to 5570 are £6-£10 from audi, £20-30 on eBay etc.
The Sat Navs are 20-30 from eBay, a lot of money from Audi

It is Norty to get Sat Nav disc that are copies.

Ok brilliant thanks a lot, I take it it's just plug and play mate no vcds coding needed?

The satnav discs just go into the Satnav drive.
Power up and it does the software update.

However, you may need to unlock the ejection of the old disc.
I used VCDS because I have it but I think you can do it another way - again have a search for the gen.

I have just updated my A6 Allroad from 2013 to 2015, I'll do the A5 later today.
(Even Nortier is to copy the disc you bought for £25 and use it in 2 cars, so you shouldn't do that either)

Ok brilliant, also another quick one, do you know the best place to get the latest sat nav disc from please? Or is it best to go to Audi? This is the version mine is running at the min, sorry for all the questions, this is my first a6.

You have the latest firmware so on need to update. The nav disk is back from 2008, if your looking for a nav disk google "gpsunderground" it's all there for free.