MMI video playback

OneBoy

Reaction score
Hi,
I am trying to play videos by sd card however i am getting the following error message ‘The source does not contain any playable files’
I am trying to play the videos whilst the car is stationary for now.. and once this feature is working i can then activate VIM
Can anyone help me with how i can get to play videos on my mmi?
Thank you

If your vehicle has the MMI Technology Pack then you can play video media from sd card, dvd, internal jukebox or usb memory stick.

if you have a non-tech pack unit then it will only play video media via an external device connected to the AMI port (PFL car) or via an external interface.

there is a page in your vehicle manual that details the needed media file specifications.

@DJAlix Thanks for your reply.. how do i find out if my car has the MMI technology pack??
(Mine has 2 sd card slots if that helps?)

Hi,
I am trying to play videos by sd card however i am getting the following error message ‘The source does not contain any playable files’
I am trying to play the videos whilst the car is stationary for now.. and once this feature is working i can then activate VIM
Can anyone help me with how i can get to play videos on my mmi?
Thank you
Ensure your video files are as per the table below. I had problems until I reduced the resolution from 1080 to 720.

Attachments

• 6EAD75C6-8B5B-429B-9E65-C1DD64F7F990.jpeg
    6EAD75C6-8B5B-429B-9E65-C1DD64F7F990.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 222
@DJAlix Thanks for your reply.. how do i find out if my car has the MMI technology pack??
(Mine has 2 sd card slots if that helps?)
If you have to use an SD card for your navigation data then you don’t have technology pack.

@DJAlix @stubbly46 Thanks for the replies guys
Yeah i have to use the sd card for sat nav..
would you know roughly how much it would cost to upgrade to technology pack (second hand) ? Or what parts i would need?
Thanks

@DJAlix @stubbly46 Thanks for the replies guys
Yeah i have to use the sd card for sat nav..
would you know roughly how much it would cost to upgrade to technology pack (second hand) ? Or what parts i would need?
Thanks
Depends on what’s in your car at the moment. Need more detail really.