MMI view

So the long shot is there is no way the dealer can resolve the 3rd page issue, they have admitted defeat.
To add insult to injury the mmi has started crashing and rebooting constantly now and there is no fix for that either.
I will enter discussions next week about returning the car and walking away.

That’s unbelievable surely all they need is the correct version of the software, are you seriously thinking of handling it back?

iPhone 12 Pro

So the long shot is there is no way the dealer can resolve the 3rd page issue, they have admitted defeat.
To add insult to injury the mmi has started crashing and rebooting constantly now and there is no fix for that either.
I will enter discussions next week about returning the car and walking away.

That's absolutely ridiculous. You'd think that they'd have some sort of solution (swapping out the MMI for new one etc)

I don't blame you for walking away, this isn't the level of quality you'd expect from Audi

That’s unbelievable surely all they need is the correct version of the software, are you seriously thinking of handling it back?

iPhone 12 Pro
I’m going to give them another call tomorrow, i seriously don’t want to hand the car back but the dealer says they don’t know what the problem is and why the mmi keeps rebooting. I could live without the third page but the fact it keeps crashing now does worry me for the future of the car.

Reactions: NIKLDN
Car is back at the dealership, I’ve agreed to let them keep it for awhile while I don’t need it, as they say loan cars aren’t allowed.
Hopefully this will be the last time and it will be sorted. They have said they will look at the other little niggles too.

Car is back at the dealership, I’ve agreed to let them keep it for awhile while I don’t need it, as they say loan cars aren’t allowed.
Hopefully this will be the last time and it will be sorted. They have said they will look at the other little niggles too.

If it doesn’t work order a new one and swap when it comes!

iPhone 12 Pro

Out of interest has anyone elses satellite maps stopped working for apparent reason?

I noticed it today when driving that I only seem to be able to get the standard map view and not the satellite one.

I read that Audi had stopped Google Earth but understood they were using another provider?

Out of interest has anyone elses satellite maps stopped working for apparent reason?

I noticed it today when driving that I only seem to be able to get the standard map view and not the satellite one.

I read that Audi had stopped Google Earth but understood they were using another provider?

I heard they were swapping from Google to another provider, it did stop working in my 8V in early Jan so I just ran it in night mode, also spotted this on an S3 for sale at Crewe Audi showing the favourites button
f5ee7f2716192310eddecec1e4ffeddd.jpg

iPhone 12 Pro

Anyone else notice the performance of the MMI unit getting worse? I have to give it a few minutes to warm up now as its not very responsive when i’ve first logged in, its lost all my favourite radio stations, the reversing Camera has a lag/delay on occasion which could cause accidents If you’re relying on that when reversing. Still no update on the black flashing screen either, Audi York are advising that it’s an apple issue and happens on all other cars using CarPlay too, i never had this with my golf GTI so think this is utter ********.

Also the My Audi app has totally deleted my car from my user

Anyone else notice the performance of the MMI unit getting worse? I have to give it a few minutes to warm up now as its not very responsive when i’ve first logged in, its lost all my favourite radio stations, the reversing Camera has a lag/delay on occasion which could cause accidents If you’re relying on that when reversing. Still no update on the black flashing screen either, Audi York are advising that it’s an apple issue and happens on all other cars using CarPlay too, i never had this with my golf GTI so think this is utter ********.

Also the My Audi app has totally deleted my car from my user
An update re my saga:-

1. 3rd home page not working.
2. Wireless Apple Car Play / Android Auto not working.
3. Radio mutes itself when switching from Media to Radio.
4. Audi connect won't install properly.
5. When on phone calls, apparently there is a whistling / whining noise at the receivers end!
6. ... and best of all this morning, driving to work the MMI switched itself off completely, and then rebooted itself!!

Help!!!!

5. When on phone calls, apparently there is a whistling / whining noise at the receivers end!
6. ... and best of all this morning, driving to work the MMI switched itself off completely, and then rebooted itself!!

Help!!!!
Mine does the annoying auto switch to CarPlay when I connect it then you have to go back and select radio again as well.
Also doesn’t auto connect I have to select connected devices then CarPlay. Process wise it seems a bit ****. Should just connect and then allow you to select CarPlay surely.

Mine does the annoying auto switch to CarPlay when I connect it then you have to go back and select radio again as well.
Also doesn’t auto connect I have to select connected devices then CarPlay. Process wise it seems a bit ****. Should just connect and then allow you to select CarPlay surely.

There is an option on the iphone under Bluetooth and the Audi MMI - select the little I at the end and you will see Carplay switched on - if you turn this off I think you might then be able to connect in the MMI as and when

Help!!!!

Likewise I've had similar issues as follows. Some days the MMI works nicely, while other days its unresponsive and slow as hell.

1. No 3rd screen
2. Wireless car play not working
3. Map favourites occasionally delete themselves
4. Audi connect says it's not connected but seems to be
5. My navigation occasionally puts me 20 to 30 miles from where I actually am, and doesn't recognise North etc. (once I was apparently driving in the channel)
6. My navigation goes white and only turning the car off for a few minutes works.
7. Not a MMI issue but my cruise control is hit and miss as to whether it will activate.
8. The MMI will try to log into the guest account when I hit accept on using my account and then loads for 3+ minutes

Weirdly the issues I had with music stopping when I changed from media to radio or when I took a call seems to have stopped now.

I also still can't get a straight answer from Audi on the 2 phone bit, however looks like my only option is to set up call forwarding everytime I drive my car.

Likewise I've had similar issues as follows. Some days the MMI works nicely, while other days its unresponsive and slow as hell.

1. No 3rd screen
5. My navigation occasionally puts me 20 to 30 miles from where I actually am, and doesn't recognise North etc. (once I was apparently driving in the channel)
6. My navigation goes white and only turning the car off for a few minutes works.
7. Not a MMI issue but my cruise control is hit and miss as to whether it will activate.
8. The MMI will try to log into the guest account when I hit accept on using my account and then loads for 3+ minutes

Weirdly the issues I had with music stopping when I changed from media to radio or when I took a call seems to have stopped now.

I also still can't get a straight answer from Audi on the 2 phone bit, however looks like my only option is to set up call forwarding everytime I drive my car.
To have 2 phones connected you HAVE to have the Audi Phone Box (wireless charger)

To have 2 phones connected you HAVE to have the Audi Phone Box (wireless charger)

I figured that was the case. What threw me a little was that Audi Technical Services didn't seem to have a clue and told me that 2 phones would work without it.

I figured that was the case. What threw me a little was that Audi Technical Services didn't seem to have a clue and told me that 2 phones would work without it.
Audi don't really have a clue about anything to do with the new 8Y if i'm honest, this forum knows more about the car than Audi themselves.

You can technically have 2 phones connected at the same time, but you have to switch between them whenever you want to use each one as apposed to having them both connected simultaneously. If you watch @auzzam_crd's video he explains it a bit better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHZflyTuxI0

Reactions: auzzam_crd

1. No 3rd screen

Well an update.
Got a call from my dealer last night, they are, i think replacing the MMI from a new car that they have on site!

As such the car is at the dealers now.

Let's see what happens!!

Another question, slightly off topic...

My hill hold assist wasn't working when I first picked the car up, suddenly this week it has started working!!

Any clues...?

My hill hold assist wasn't working when I first picked the car up, suddenly this week it has started working!!

Any clues...?

Might sound silly, but are you using the other key - Have you checked in the MMI that it's switched on - Should be the same for both keys when switched on but this does happen sometimes that settings save to the key at the time.

Other than that no idea

Any clues...?
Mine never worked when I picked it up ether, strangely enough though the day after I kicked a fuss up about it to Audi Uk it started working. Baring in mind it had been back to the dealership twice and they couldn’t find anything wrong. The car is still at the dealership, two weeks it’s been there now as they admit there is a fault and are awaiting a control module arriving from Germany.

Mine never worked when I picked it up ether, strangely enough though the day after I kicked a fuss up about it to Audi Uk it started working. Baring in mind it had been back to the dealership twice and they couldn’t find anything wrong. The car is still at the dealership, two weeks it’s been there now as they admit there is a fault and are awaiting a control module arriving from Germany.
My dealer got the green light from Audi UK to replace my car's control module yesterday morning.

Picking it up tomorrow morning!!

Also regarding the MMI switching off and re-booting, apparently according to Audi UK, this is a known problem, but as yet they do not have a fix!!!!

My dealer got the green light from Audi UK to replace my car's control module yesterday morning.

Picking it up tomorrow morning!!

Also regarding the MMI switching off and re-booting, apparently according to Audi UK, this is a known problem, but as yet they do not have a fix!!!!
Which control unit they changing ?
Mine had a new abs control unit I should be getting the car back tonight.
As for the mmi reboot they said my on / off button was stuck causing it to reboot , they have had it 2 weeks and say it’s not rebooted since they found the stuck switch

As for the mmi reboot they said my on / off button was stuck causing it to reboot , they have had it 2 weeks and say it’s not rebooted since they found the stuck switch
Interesting, I wonder if the widespread MMI reboots are being caused by faulty switches.

Not sure.

I'll find out tomorrow!

Not sure.

I'll find out tomorrow!
Hey Man, read all the thread and here the SAME problem. S3 8Y with version 3272. Really frustrated about this...
My dealer told me to wait to get an update (i hate not having the S-Performance Layout on the cockpit)...

If you get your changed let me know so i can ask them to do the same with mine!
Waiting for update.

Have a nice day

Hey Man, read all the thread and here the SAME problem. S3 8Y with version 3272. Really frustrated about this...
My dealer told me to wait to get an update (i hate not having the S-Performance Layout on the cockpit)...

Waiting for update.

Have a nice day
I don’t think you can have the S performance layout without Virtual cockpit plus, and that’s not available unless you get the vorsprung (in the uk)

I don’t think you can have the S performance layout without Virtual cockpit plus, and that’s not available unless you get the vorsprung (in the uk)

Wow. Yet another example of something that comes as standard on the A3 Edition 1 that is not even an option on the base S3?

I have the Virtual Cockpit Plus, i think its because of the old version. The version installed is about the Audi A3 not S3... i think they where late and so went in production with a different release because the S3 was not ready yet.

Wow. Yet another example of something that comes as standard on the A3 Edition 1 that is not even an option on the base S3?
My S3 is not "base" its full of useless optional :) But the layout was not present in the launch model... My friend with the same Optional has got the S Performance Display and Wireless Car Play but the software version was not the 3272 Snapshot 30 10 2019 (when the S3 did not exist) but the 3454 with snapshot 13 08 2020.

The real thing is that audi for present the car on time mounted the A3 hardware without customization and "forgot" to plan an upgrade plan....

Waiting for update.

Have a nice day
So got the car back from the dealer after a control unit change and the difference is.............. absolutely nothing!!!

• No 3rd screen
  • No wireless Apple / android auto
  • Radio still mutes itself when switching itself from media.
Only thing that does work now is the My audi connect app.

System still very clunky and regularly loses the "my audi" settings!!!

Basically Audi fitted a £42k car with the software and hardware from a £15k Audi A1!!!

Considering my next action!

Jon

So got the car back from the dealer after a control unit change and the difference is.............. absolutely nothing!!!

• No 3rd screen
  • No wireless Apple / android auto
  • Radio still mutes itself when switching itself from media.
Only thing that does work now is the My audi connect app.

System still very clunky and regularly loses the "my audi" settings!!!

Basically Audi fitted a £42k car with the software and hardware from a £15k Audi A1!!!

Considering my next action!

Jon

That sucks.

What have Audi said about it? Did they even try anything after applying the "fix"?

I don’t even know where to start.

I too have issues with the A3 we collected last Friday. Disclaimer: ex demo car so not ordered from factory (does this give me the same rights to moan as a new from factory owner?)

I too have a MMI Snapshot of Oct 2019. The wireless car play feature is major for me as I’m gonna end up strangling myself one day with the cable!

The Audi I have purchase this from is Stoke. Like a fool we signed the handover checklist without going through it in thorough (blame it on excitement and rain that day).

They have given us a 30 day/1000 mile return policy, but I love everything else about the car.

Spoke to my local Audi today and they’ve booked the car in for 26th April, which falls outside the 30 days return I’ve got..

Missing functions:
- Wireless Car Play
- Third MMI Screen
- Traffic Light Recognition
- Road Sign/Traffic signs recognition

Haven’t even explored the 2 Phones connected feature.

Doesn’t sound like there’s much hope by reading the posts on this thread.

I’ve sent a long detailed email to the original dealer and CCd in customer services.

I’m praying there’s a solution in the very near future!

Guys can I just clarify, any issues if your phone is plugged in via cable? I'm picking mine up next week, but if it means plugging a cable in sorts a lot of issues, then I'm fine.

I too have issues with the A3 we collected last Friday. Disclaimer: ex demo car so not ordered from factory (does this give me the same rights to moan as a new from factory owner?)

I too have a MMI Snapshot of Oct 2019. The wireless car play feature is major for me as I’m gonna end up strangling myself one day with the cable!

The Audi I have purchase this from is Stoke. Like a fool we signed the handover checklist without going through it in thorough (blame it on excitement and rain that day).

They have given us a 30 day/1000 mile return policy, but I love everything else about the car.

Spoke to my local Audi today and they’ve booked the car in for 26th April, which falls outside the 30 days return I’ve got..

Missing functions:
- Wireless Car Play
- Third MMI Screen

I’ve sent a long detailed email to the original dealer and CCd in customer services.

There is no cure at present for your
‘ missing ‘ items. Basically we have the 2020 model and those features are on the 2021 model. My car has spent a lot of time back at the dealership.
My biggest gripe originally was the third screen but having had a loan car with the third screen I can honestly say it’s I used it for about 2 minutes before realising it’s pointless.

There is no cure at present for your
‘ missing ‘ items. Basically we have the 2020 model and those features are on the 2021 model. My car has spent a lot of time back at the dealership.
My biggest gripe originally was the third screen but having had a loan car with the third screen I can honestly say it’s I used it for about 2 minutes before realising it’s pointless.
Ahh that’s a shame!

Not really that fussed on the third screen, but the wireless car play - Yes! I wonder if anyone else has the traffic light recognition tech working?

Ahh that’s a shame!

Not really that fussed on the third screen, but the wireless car play - Yes! I wonder if anyone else has the traffic light recognition tech working?

Did you spec the traffic light recognition, as thought that was one of the optional extras (though did think it was only on higher end models?)

The speed limit recognition so far looks like it's going be enabled as part of functions on demand whenever Audi decide to launch that.

Some members have been able to get Audi to agree to activate it for free once it's enabled. (I'm still fighting my dealer on that)

Ahh that’s a shame!

Not sure about the traffic light recognition but the sign recognition will be a function on demand that’s due later this year.
wireless CarPlay ain’t happening on 2020 cars ( pre October 2020) I’m thinking too as mine was in for that too

Yeah, picking up a new car up in the rain is not ideal. They have their checklist but we should have ours too. Mine is being added to every day as I read about more problems on here! As said, it all depends whether these 'missing things' were actually on the spec of the car you agreed to buy? If you discover other missing features that definitely were, then (under the Consumer Rights Act) you have 6 months to return the car, provided you give the dealer at least one chance to fix it. In that situation you may not get a full refund (e.g. if you have put 1000 miles on the clock) but should get close to it. This is all 'worse case scenario' of course. Hopefully, the dealer will be able to sort things to your satisfaction.

Missing functions:
- Wireless Car Play
- Third MMI Screen

Have you got a spec sheet for your car?

Some of those are reliant on optional upgrades like the driver assistance pack being in place.

As Sam pointed out, no hope for the wireless carplay on older cars.

@SamB2020 - if I recall correctly yours (or maybe someone else's) software was updated but you were still missing the wireless carplay right?