MMI with a 4th screen

STmichael

Reaction score
Just flicking through YouTube today and there is a new video from German Auto-TV showing a night drive. I noticed the MMI has 4 screens (4 dots at the bottom of the home screen) available where over here we are struggling to get 3!
Any ideas why Germany is different.
825055CE EDF4 4744 A759 E1AA18C43EF1

i think it depends on when your car was made.
early cars only have 3 screen and a usb- a port as opposed to 2021 cars have 4 screen and usb-c

i think it depends on when your car was made.
early cars only have 3 screen and a usb- a port as opposed to 2021 cars have 4 screen and usb-c
I thought the early cars only had 2 screens then progressed to 3 screens with the addition of the favourites screen.

Reactions: AdamInKent
I thought the early cars only had 2 screens then progressed to 3 screens with the addition of the favourites screen

I thought the early cars only had 2 screens then progressed to 3 screens with the addition of the favourites screen.
Mine has 3 screens and 2 x usb-c ports and was built late October - The early ones had 2 screens and 1 of each of the USB'S

Reactions: AdamInKent
Another video and I can see what looks like traffic sign recognition! View attachment 236565
I have a U.K. car with traffic sign recognition, so that’s not unique to Germany. (In the U.K. it’s part of the Driver Assistance Pack. Which, if you are reasonably tech-savvy, is well worth the money, especially when paired with the S-Tronic.)

Reactions: SquidGame and auzzam_crd
Yep that driver assistance pack is great!

That four options definitely looks new lol I've only got 3 on the vorsprung

Reactions: SquidGame and AdamInKent