Modding the rs3

Dan930

Reaction score
Don't see many on here???is it because most are still in the warranty period?

Hi dan there is a few , but like said warranty and the cost of a stage 1 map ,ie £839 for revo ...and the cost of the dsg map....

and that it does 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, wtf...... how much faster do you want it. I might change my Audi silver rings for gloss black ones to match the front end and rear diffuser, that will be the extent of my mods.

and that it does 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, wtf...... how much faster do you want it. I might change my Audi silver rings for gloss black ones to match the front end and rear diffuser, that will be the extent of my mods.

I like my hair to be on fire mate..every time I buy a car I look at two things
no1=how tuneable it is
no2=price

Very tuneable ,one member is running stage 2 ,round about 450bhp :)

2nd cat bypass and airfilter done, rear arb next up. Intercooler and remap are future projects. Possibly some carbon fibre bits later on but that should be enough.

amd in essex have still got a deal on,

buy any exhaust system get free fitting and a half price remap

ive been wanting to remap mine for ages but with all the warranty issues and recalls it seems like a bag of grief for now

ive never had a car remapped before, imo £700 upto £1000 for a remapp is shocking how do these companies justify these prices ? maybe im missing somthing ,

1 hr on a rolling road
20 mins on a pc

wow im in the wrong trade ,maybe im wrong about the processes involved like i said ive never had one done before ,anyone fill me in

2nd cat bypass and airfilter done, rear arb next up. Intercooler and remap are future projects. Possibly some carbon fibre bits later on but that should be enough.

is it the milltek car bypass mate?will it pass the mot?Anyone fitted the Milltek sportscat & turbo pipe?

amd in essex have still got a deal on,

buy any exhaust system get free fitting and a half price remap

ive been wanting to remap mine for ages but with all the warranty issues and recalls it seems like a bag of grief for now

ive never had a car remapped before, imo £700 upto £1000 for a remapp is shocking how do these companies justify these prices ? maybe im missing somthing ,

1 hr on a rolling road
20 mins on a pc

wow im in the wrong trade ,maybe im wrong about the processes involved like i said ive never had one done before ,anyone fill me in

I had my A3 2.0 tdi 170 SE.done by ' Celtic Tuning '

1st run on RR showed 185 bhp. after remap was 215 bhp & 316 nm..cost £295 best money ever spent,like driving a different car.

Being FWD was ****** lethal really,especially round bends with the massive torque steer.

The cost might be to do with the development of the maps, after all its a lot narrower market than S3's and A3's. I wouldn't mod a car under warranty either...

is it the milltek car bypass mate?will it pass the mot?Anyone fitted the Milltek sportscat & turbo pipe?

If you get to look at the secondary cats they look like an afterthought to further reduce emmissions, no sensors near them so very easy to replce. Will still pass emmissions. When you start fitting sports cat that's when you are getting close to the emmissions line Consider it this way normal map with nothing else will get you near 410bhp and 600NM of torque. Sports cat, exhaust filter and stage 2 map to take advantage will get you another 30-40bhp and 50 NM; that's proportionately a lot of money for that extra bhp. If you want more noice just get a silencer with no baffles in it.

What are the 2.5 5pot engine internals good for?are they forged internals?

APR are getting 600bhp out of their Stage III application on the TT-RS with a bit of room for more.