Modified insurance

mathew lisett

Reaction score
ok so list the top 5 companies that deal with modified cars, 1 being the top in price and customer service

im asking because i will need to change my insurance soon based on the mods ill be putting on.

Chris knott first class service will beat any quote as long as proof can be provided cannot fault at all

Another vote for Chris Knott. Green light couldn't cover my new post code but Chris Knott had no problem and even beat green lights previous price, even though its the same underwriter.

I've always used Adrian Flux with my modified motors and can't fault them either.

Very good price for my current At with all mods declared. Used to have a heavily modified Golf and they covered everything on a like for like basis by submitting photographs of the car.

I've always used Adrian Flux with my modified motors and can't fault them either.

Very good price for my current At with all mods declared. Used to have a heavily modified Golf and they covered everything on a like for like basis by submitting photographs of the car.

I hope you never have an accident and need to claim.

They refused to pay out for mods in a write off situation when the payout then exceeds the value of the car you have on the policy.

Got stung by them before and will never ever use them again. So make sure you put the value as your base car value + mods + extra just incase.

+1 for bad experience with Adrian flux after a claim

That's interesting to hear. I did have to claim on one of my Golfs. They paid out no problems, was very easy.... And the case included some very complex injury claims from 3rd parties that went on for some considerable time past the insurance policy end date.

However, the point you make about insured value is very important to get right with ALL insurance companies. It's actually illegal to 'under insure' and most companies can/will penalise for this... That responsibility to get the value (inc mods) right lies with the insured not the insurer.

Glad its not just me then. What happened?
Had car written off bought another and changed insurance over. Came to time to tax and no insurance found. Rang them thinking it was an error and Adrian flux said the insurance hadn't been changed over I'd still been paying £110 a month for insurance for the last car they then refused to change it over to the new car as it fell "outside their parameters" still trying to claim. Got fined for no insurance aswell.

Had car written off bought another and changed insurance over. Came to time to tax and no insurance found. Rang them thinking it was an error and Adrian flux said the insurance hadn't been changed over I'd still been paying £110 a month for insurance for the last car they then refused to change it over to the new car as it fell "outside their parameters" still trying to claim. Got fined for no insurance aswell.

****** hell, thats shocking mate. I wouldn't ever touch them again. Id sooner rather not drive the car at all.

However, the point you make about insured value is very important to get right with ALL insurance companies. It's actually illegal to 'under insure' and most companies can/will penalise for this... That responsibility to get the value (inc mods) right lies with the insured not the insurer.

I doubled checked this with them at time of signing up, sent them photos, and kept them up to date along the line. I kept asking about value and they said mods are classed as separate to base car value. I argued the toss with them but gave up in end, I had a 1 month old new born at the time it happened and couldn't be ***** nor had the time to mess about. Luckily at the time I only had to put £400 towards a replacement car that I had seen, so took it on the chin n learned for my experience to never go with them again

Hi,
I'm sorry if you've had issues in the past with ourselves. It's difficult for me to comment directly about any of the issues on this thread without being I party to all the information.
I am happy though to look into any issues that members have with their policies with us and I'll do my best to try and assist wherever possible.
Regards,
Dan.

My incident was back in 2011, not even worth trying to look into it again. As I said, won't ever be using you again though.

Brentacre have been the cheapest for me for the last six years. They also don't charge you a made up administration fee of £20-£30 every time you add a modification to your car/policy like the rest of them. So if like me you make 5-6 changes a year, that's a saving of at least £100 in administration fee's.