Mods + Insurance

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
jojo said:
Have you tried getting a quote by adding your GF/partner onto it?, make up one if you have to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif , was paying £680 when I first got my S3 at 24, now paying £550 at 27 living in B class area

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha! Tend to put my mum on the insurance as that drops it a huge amount. Unfortunately, these quotes are with that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

insurance are on to the trick of adding your mum or dad and still put the price up, like jojo said try gf/partner as first driver (woman get cheaper insurance) you as 2nd

i put my wife on my car with no licence at all and it when down £200 work that out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I'm with privilege, Got S4 With AMD stage 3. They were very good and almost sounded as if they knew what they were talking about! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Full no claims, protected bonus and legal about £850. Not bad I thought, could I have done better?

[ QUOTE ]
PaulS3 said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
Who else can i try for a reasonable quote on a modded S3? everywhere i tried so far either say ****** off, or £2000 please! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

ive tried Greenlight (the best so far at £1600 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif) and Adrian Flux, elephant, Admiral, .etc.etc

If anyone knows of anywhere else that are good with young drivers in modded cars please let me know!

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

rich.

try tesco/direct line/ priviledge or better still BARCLAYCARD DIRECT

all part of same group sharing key resourses, but all are mod friendly.

bonus of barclaycard is blanket £100 excess on all policies.

only thing out of all my mods to cost was remap +20% which was less than £200 on first S3 and nearly F all on second more expensive, more loaded s3, as they gave me £160 REBATE ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No luck on any! The standard quote is ok at a little under £1200, but as soon as mods go on its by by reasonable premium! Bieng 21 sucks (for car insurance anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

Rich

Know the feeling. just hit 23, have totally standard 210 and paying £1300, which was by far the cheapest (Nationwide insurance). However, that's because they are real cautious insurers and norm wouldn't touch anyone ova 30. I've been with them years so they let me off.

However, workmate with 2ncb's bought a £26k fully loaded '02 325 Ci convertible on his 21st birthday, insured through Priv and pays...£900???

Arrrrrr,

Rich you've upset me now!!!!

Was looking forward to when my insurance ran out, so I could get my S3 remapped, and thought (same as you) that after reading your quote for a 300bhp A3, an S3 would'nt be too much more than i'm paying now.

At the mo, paying only £910, for 2001 Y reg S3, and I'm 21. Best I found, and with admiral, but only for 10 months. Admiral seem to be a bit better than elephant, as they offer a 10% credit card discount (they did when I got mine anyway).

[ QUOTE ]
Robthehungrymonkey said:
Arrrrrr,

Rich you've upset me now!!!!

Was looking forward to when my insurance ran out, so I could get my S3 remapped, and thought (same as you) that after reading your quote for a 300bhp A3, an S3 would'nt be too much more than i'm paying now.

At the mo, paying only £910, for 2001 Y reg S3, and I'm 21. Best I found, and with admiral, but only for 10 months. Admiral seem to be a bit better than elephant, as they offer a 10% credit card discount (they did when I got mine anyway).

[/ QUOTE ]

Online, admiral are cheaper, however, i tolf elephant i wanted to cancel my policy at the last renewal cos admiral were cheaper, so they ebat it by £100 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Its really [censored] me off cos it means i cant get the car that i wanted! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Just a case of spending what i planned to spend on my current car which isnt all bad cos it should be pretty good fun when its done...but would have liked to get the S3.

Rich

its funny how u guys said admiral were cheaper than elephant cos in my case elephant was cheaper. oh well everyones different! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cheers tony

Yeah, with my previous car (fiesta, no laughing), elephant gave me a renewal price, then got a quote from admiral which was cheaper (by about £200!) then elephant phoned me up to ask why I hadn't renewed my policy, they couldn't match admiral, then just after I got off the phone to them admiral phoned me up and offered me another £100!!!
I agreed, then sold my car the day before the policy was due to start! All that effort for nothing, but I did end up with an S3!
Seems strange that admiral and elephant seem to differ and vary so much

[ QUOTE ]
Robthehungrymonkey said:
Seems strange that admiral and elephant seem to differ and vary so much

[/ QUOTE ]

possibly sales targets? on the day performance counts, although the same ownership they are two independant companies fighting for market position (well I'd imagine so, I may very well be wrong and there be no logic behind it all? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif)

Rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Opinions please....Im paying, well Ive paid in lump sum £2053.00 for a year fully comp in a B-class area on a A3 1.8T Quattro. Ive got 2 years ncb and 10k miles yearly? Am I paying way over the odds or is that ok? I didnt really do much snooping round for quotes, checkd a few and then eventually went with A Flux.

Sounds a lot to me!

As said earlier, I'm only 21 with only a years NCB on an S3 and only paying £910 for 10 months. You might even save money by cancelling your policy, paying the cancelation fee and swapping insurers. Worth investigating I think.

[ QUOTE ]
leespears1 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems about right! I paid £2100 on my A3 1.8T with no NCB when i was 19.

Rich

I would have thought you could get it a bit cheaper than that! Shop around for some quotes

hace you tried elephant, admiral or even tescos? im with elephant seems good to me. worth lookin around thats alot of money your payin there!

cheers tony

To be honest you will be hard pushed to beat that. Remember he is/you are only 19, so insurance is daylight robbery regardless! Try elephant as they tend to be good for young drivers.

Rich