Mods & resale value

countwilliam

Reaction score
Please let me know if not in the right section. I’ve got 19” aftermarket alloys on my 2010 A4 avant and about to get a custom exhaust fabricated. Also have an RS4 grill.

Is it worth holding onto the OEM 18” alloys (pictured) and old exhaust for when it comes to selling on or is it more advantageous to get a good price for them now on classifieds and suck up any value loss at resale? Any experience with selling modded cars?

All going well, anticipate holding onto the car for 4 years at least.

103480bb5fd46422951a4c28ca57f79c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m toying with the idea of selling I’ll let you know if I do and what happens

Reactions: Russboy and countwilliam
Yep me... thinking of selling... but can't be ***** to take it apart to return to standard lol

Reactions: Chop. and countwilliam
You need to find that one person that's a petrolhead and likes mods which is rare WE ARE A RARE BREED MY FRIENDS

Reactions: Macdoon and Chop.
You need to find that one person that's a petrolhead and likes mods which is rare WE ARE A RARE BREED MY FRIENDS

Hmmm, not sure what’s best. Maybe the shed will have to stay full of stuff for a few years!

Reactions: RS4B5
Only thing I've kept hold of is my standard suspension, purely because a second hand air ride kit still fetches good money, so can give people the option of buying it on or off air

Reactions: countwilliam and RS4B5
I guess it’s strange as when I was looking for this car any sign of mods I was put off and here I am doing something to the car every week it feels like

Reactions: Chop.
I kept all my standard parts with the idea of putting back, sold the car in jan and now binning standard parts cos lets face it... can you really be bothered to swap back the suspension, grill, exhaust etc.. answer is no lol plus stndard parts seem to be harder to sell/
still got a sline diffuser and black edition grille going to the bin if anyone wants to get them ahaha
tbh mine sold in a week, use the modified for sale groups on facebook and thats where 90% of your market is :)

Reactions: Macdoon, RS4B5, Chop. and 1 other person
I kept all my standard parts with the idea of putting back, sold the car in jan and now binning standard parts cos lets face it... can you really be bothered to swap back the suspension, grill, exhaust etc.. answer is no lol plus stndard parts seem to be harder to sell/
still got a sline diffuser and black edition grille going to the bin if anyone wants to get them ahaha
tbh mine sold in a week, use the modified for sale groups on facebook and thats where 90% of your market is :)

Good advice thanks! I’d have had the diffuser last week but just ordered one for the new exhaust

Previously spent a fortune on modding my A4 b8, never got anywhere near what I had spent on it, nor did I think I would. Now I keep all my parts that I have changed to return car to stock, if/when I ever sell it or trade it in.

JG

Reactions: Macdoon
I'll be selling mine privately in a few weeks.... see how it goes.... more than likely return to standard

Reactions: RS4B5
I'll be selling mine privately in a few weeks.... see how it goes.... more than likely return to standard

Let me know if you remember - tempting to make some cash now rather than let it sit around for a few years.