Mods to do BEFORE Remap!!

RyanS3TT

Reaction score
What are the best mods to do before i remap my engine?

Ive got a recirc DV and cda induction kit not that it helps.

Im gonna get a new manifold, decat and milltek exhaust.
(does the manifold really give an extra 18bhp? as some company on ebay are boasting a garanteed 18+bhp)

Thats the mods I was gonna do before i remap it...

Any others I should do?

I will be getting a FMIC.

Would you suggest I did that first?

Thanks, Ryan

18bhp from an fanimold? hmmm

Sort your clutch out first, many people find the remaps eat thier standard clutches, Im sure a few people will give you a hint at whats best for your map

And the FMIC will only sustain the peak BHP and delay serious heatsoak from continuious hard driving, it wont give you more power or particularly help, personally Id just help the cooling flow to the standard ones and then later on uprate them, Ill get slated for it but Im a fan on the standard positions and split system.

Brake upgrade? I have the The Black Diamond Grooved / DS2500 Pads. This set-up is a wise, cost effective upgrade for the A3 and S3. I had mine mapped recently and the standard dv / filter are fine and the brakes can handle the extra power.

Agree with Grathies re clutch. Its obvious mine needs doing post map so bare that in mind.

im unsure, there are ways to drive a car (even fast road) where you can learn to look after the clutch..... post map mine is absolutely fine so far

If your looking at all those mods, id save up a bit longer and get yourself a K03S. Even with those mods you'd be lucky to get to the 190 mark.

J

im unsure, there are ways to drive a car (even fast road) where you can learn to look after the clutch..... post map mine is absolutely fine so far

I know what you mean pal, Im taking it easy in low gears... I just hope it holds out long enough to have a go on the strip next month.

mate i dont envy ya....i can honestly say i have never had a clutch go on me yet and i give my cars some hammer.... probably not as much as some on here but enough to cause damage if sustained for long periods

I would vag com the car for any faults, get a service done if required, don't bother with the exhaust spend your money on either upgrading your brakes or sorting the suspension out, there a loads of posts on here regarding brake upgrade options and suspension set ups. good luck.