Moonlight blue no longer ?

Smudge973

Reaction score
I’m a couple of weeks away from my black edition A4 which I ordered in Moonlight Blue.

Just noticed this colour is no longer an option on the Audi Configurator, I’m yet to see one in that colour and took a bit of a gamble... so looks like it will be fairly exclusive on a BE anyway...

I’ll drop some pictures in a few weeks when it lands

Reactions: DohNut, Sandra and Spaceman_RS3
Look forward to seeing your car when you collect. Lots of pics please. @Smudge973

Reactions: Smudge973
Excellent choice of colour..... it's absolutely stunning in bright sunlight. Plus I've yet to see another A6 BE in moonlight blue :)

Reactions: Smudge973 and Spaceman_RS3
Not too dissimilar to Mugello, my favourite B7 RS4 colour.

Love my moonlight blue car, really changes character depending on the light. I've just looked at an old brochure and looks like a few other colours have gone since launch - Cuvee silver, Argus brown, Gotland green and Scuba blue

Reactions: Phil73 and Spaceman_RS3
Love Moonlight blue, I had a B7 with it that got stolen in 2011. Since then I've had a B8 and B8.5 in Phantom black, which yes, looks amazing when you have had it washed, but 2 hours later it's filthy
I picked up my Moonlight blue B9 a few weeks ago, and so happy to have the colour again, it looks amazing with the sun shining on it, as said in different lights it looks different colours, almost black in dull grey skies.
When I've seen black B9's now, they look pretty one dimensional and boring in comparison, so glad I have gone back to this colour!

Reactions: StuF
Love Moonlight blue, I had a B7 with it that got stolen in 2011. Since then I've had a B8 and B8.5 in Phantom black, which yes, looks amazing when you have had it washed, but 2 hours later it's filthy
I picked up my Moonlight blue B9 a few weeks ago, and so happy to have the colour again, it looks amazing with the sun shining on it, as said in different lights it looks different colours, almost black in dull grey skies.
When I've seen black B9's now, they look pretty one dimensional and boring in comparison, so glad I have gone back to this colour!
Get some pics up!

Reactions: Smudge973

Great news, I spoke to Audi UK today who put me on hold to investigate and confirmed that Moonlight blue is no longer an option and this colour has been discontinued.... I guess I may have a fairly unique car, a few SLines around online, but I'm yet to see any BE's

Reactions: StuF
Hey all. Found this forum via google whilst googling this very subject.

I noticed this on the configurator too this morning on the A5 Sportback.

I ordered a moonlight blue a5 SB last month which I have an order number for but no build date yet (it still only shows “Welcome”) on the tracker.

Do we think Audi will honour the build or am I likely to need to select a new colour soon? My dealer hasn’t been in touch and the salesman is on hols so haven’t been able to check yet.

Never realised they were discontinuing moonlight blue, picked this up last week. Needs a machine polish to bring out the true depth of the colour.
d33fc1b79dffbf9b20f126412aedbdfa.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk