More colours !!? Thanks a bunch Audi !

moonlight

Reaction score
Long story short. I'm taking delivery of a face lift saloon by all accounts in JUNE

I have the option of changing colour and although I don't know which colours will swing by the s line I m assuming tango red and one of the blues ... So

Anyone seen ara blue , cosmic blue , tango red in the flesh ? Tango looks like a flat deep red ... Ara - crystal effect ? Can't seem to find cosmic other than wraps ....

I spent the last 3 months deciding on Misano !
?
Thanks

Saw a new R8 in Ara Blue. It is a similar shade of blue to Sepang but with more fleck and sparkle in the paint, looks really nice. Tango red is a nice off deep red - take a trip to your dealer they will likely have a TT in Tango.

I ordered my S-line saloon the 1st week in March for a September delivery. I was going for Misano Red but on the day decided on Glacier White.Then after seeing the launch pictures of the S-line saloon in Ara Blue, I think I'm going to go with that if its offered as a standard metallic/pearl colour.

lucky Europeans! Audi of America is oh-so-yawn....multiple shades of silver/gray/gunmetal/black and one blue and one red. Yawn. American's are so darn boring!

I ordered my S-line saloon the 1st week in March for a September delivery. I was going for Misano Red but on the day decided on Glacier White.Then after seeing the launch pictures of the S-line saloon in Ara Blue, I think I'm going to go with that if its offered as a standard metallic/pearl colour.

The s-line (and others probably) dropped the brilliant red and scuba blue among other colours so I have to ASSUME that it will reclaim a red (Tango) and a blue...I'm not sure where the ara and cosmic have come from....were they exclusive colours before?....its a tough one...have had Misano ingrained for the past few months...and now some colours have POSSIBLY come into the equation and there is no chance of seeing them on an A3 before confirming the order....ara may become common?...does it matter?......going to pop to Audi today to browse.

How many blues does/ did the S3 have?...Sepang...

Wait, there's a colour other than Daytona Grey?!?!?

Reactions: Kasper598
@moonlight - Ara blue on the new B9 S4

Google & the main ASN search facility could be your friend researching the other colours

Thanks for that...it is a great colour....I'm a tad concerned it will stay on the S range...time will tell I guess......I'd put money on Tango Red coming to the A3....and surely one of the blues o/w the S would have 3 blues (assuming Sepang is still available)

The marketing video shows the A3 in Ara...but that's no guarantee...my head's starting to hurt again over colour choice...

Does any one know where Cosmic Blue has come from?....Other than wraps I cannot find much on it...looks
to be a strong blue
2636cf652d4c17741552d868e13f4de5.jpg

Ara blue....it will remain exclusive to the R8,even in the highly unlikely case it didn't stay exclusive to the R8,it will remain available only on S3/RS3 models

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Ara blue....it will remain exclusive to the R8,even in the highly unlikely case it didn't stay exclusive to the R8,it will remain available only on S3/RS3 models

Audi press release states 'The colour palette has also been expanded. Twelve paint colours are available to choose from depending on specification, including the five new colours Ara blue, Cosmic blue, Nano grey, Tango red and Vegas yellow.' , so Ara Blue will not be exclusive to the R8. Whether it will be available as an S-Line colour or just for the S3 we will have to wait for the spec release in early May.

Reactions: Sandra
Audi press release states 'The colour palette has also been expanded. Twelve paint colours are available to choose from depending on specification, including the five new colours Ara blue, Cosmic blue, Nano grey, Tango red and Vegas yellow.' , so Ara Blue will not be exclusive to the R8. Whether it will be available as an S-Line colour or just for the S3 we will have to wait for the spec release in early May.

Ah well l have been off the forum for a wee while.... If that is the case l doubt they will fire it on to a lowly Sline model more likely the S3 vegas,tango,nano are all TT colours so not new,but new to the A3

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Jassy . Have you decided if /when you are changing your car ?and for what ? and did you ever get the TT to test ? Been on holidays and possibly missed it .
cheers just being nosey .
Who ever gets your car will be getting a good un ! Wish it was me .......!
ps sorry for thread hijack ....

Reactions: Jassyo06
This A3 Saloon S Line is in Ara Blue, I doubt Audi would tease us with a colour that wouldn't be available on that line, that would just be harsh. I think Sepang will stay with the S3 and Ara Blue will be S Line exclusive with Daytona Grey. But who knows! New brochure BW18 will tell us for sure :)

But who knows which colours will make it to the UK at all. I believe you can spec the A3 in Sepang Blue in Germany anyway.

Attachments

• 2017_audi_a3_overseas_22.jpg
    2017_audi_a3_overseas_22.jpg
    578.5 KB · Views: 3,373
This A3 Saloon S Line is in Ara Blue, I doubt Audi would tease us with a colour that wouldn't be available on that line, that would just be harsh. I think Sepang will stay with the S3 and Ara Blue will be S Line exclusive with Daytona Grey. But who knows! New brochure BW18 will tell us for sure :)

But who knows which colours will make it to the UK at all. I believe you can spec the A3 in Sepang Blue in Germany anyway.
If you look at the 26 minute promo video on youtube you will see all the cars have every option under the sun..that includes paint colours Yeah all motor show/promo cars are always fully loaded just to get you wanting one and covered in expensive exclusive paint colours for just the same reasons.Sepang is a classic Audi colour that's hard to beat same applies to Daytona plenty of longevity in both

Reactions: pburv
Wee story for ya,l remember a wee while ago,a member ordered a sepango blue S3,sepang was a exclusive paint at the time Audi changed it to a normal optioned paint just after he took delivery....Ara blue will sure to be a S3 only colour coming straight from being an exclusive paint

That's a nice range of colours, I best get them added to the joinable user groups.

Reactions: batch and Jassyo06
If you look at the 26 minute promo video on youtube you will see all the cars have every option under the sun..that includes paint colours Yeah all motor show/promo cars are always fully loaded just to get you wanting one and covered in expensive exclusive paint colours for just the same reasons.Sepang is a classic Audi colour that's hard to beat same applies to Daytona plenty of longevity in both

Yeah they are really kitted out, I was just thinking that the colours they show wouldn't be exclusive colours.

Then again, here's the A3 cabriolet in Ara Blue in 2013, so that throws everything out the window!

https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en/photos/detail/audi-a3-cabriolet-1-8-tfsi-quattro-5973

Hmm...Popped into Audi on Friday and after mulling over these colours all weekend (premature I know but it's what i do!)..I've concluded (guessing of course) that Ara although it has been advertised on the A3 (I think this is just marketing) - will be available on the S3 only...the Cosmic will replace the Scuba Blue..Tango will not directly replace Brilliant Red but be another red across the range (with Misano)...not sure or worried about 'yella' and primer Nano....

I ordered end of Jan..(June del).they stalled with my progress and the reason was the FL...so mine is now July but I have the choice to change the colour once the build week is locked in.....I will be changing from Misano....I love it some days and not others or from certain angles so its going....my local dealer has a new configurator installed which apparently gives life like colours on a 60" screen...and the new colours will be available next month...

Ara looks stunning ....but does it suit the A3....
Cosmic - a review stated it was like Sepang on steroids....might be a tad garish pic enc
IMG 5331

Tango - metallic red but only just metallic and cherry...not a bad thing just not my bag

Daytona has come back as my first choice unless Ara and Cosmic wow me next month (if available)...so another few weeks of waiting and I'll try not to contemplate colours that may or may not make an appearance!

Last edited:
Hmm...Popped into Audi on Friday and after mulling over these colours all weekend (premature I know but it's what i do!)..I've concluded (guessing of course) that Ara although it has been advertised on the A3 (I think this is just marketing) - will be available on the S3 only...the Cosmic will replace the Scuba Blue..Tango will not directly replace Brilliant Red but be another red across the range (with Misano)...not sure or worried about 'yella' and primer Nano....

I ordered end of Jan..(June del).they stalled with my progress and the reason was the FL...so mine is now July but I have the choice to change the colour once the build week is locked in.....I will be changing from Misano....I love it some days and not others or from certain angles so its going....my local dealer has a new configurator installed which apparently gives life like colours on a 60" screen...and the new colours will be available next month...

Ara looks stunning ....but does it suit the A3....
Cosmic - a review stated it was like Sepang on steroids....might be a tad garish pic encView attachment 87415
Tango - metallic red but only just metallic and cherry...not a bad thing just not my bag

Daytona has come back as my first choice unless Ara and Cosmic wow me next month (if available)...so another few weeks of waiting and I'll try not to contemplate colours that may or may not make an appearance!

In all my searches l have never come across a Audi painted in Cosmic blue?it must be an older colour available on other models as it's never been used on an A3....the Q5 above looks identical to Racing Mica Blue which is a Exclusive paint as for Ara Blue crystal l think it will suit the A3 with the black styling package for max contrast here's kingfisher Blue with the black styling package
DSC 0298

Reactions: pburv and batch
er...wow...liking that...shame I can't add the black pack...it works very well indeed....yes Cosmic is difficult to trace....yet there are a few pics knocking around of cosmic blue wrapped Audis ...and I think the Q5(?) is a paint finish...obviously until we see it with the naked eye its difficult to tell what its really like......at present it looks like I'll end up with a blue or a grey motor...exciting though!

In all my searches l have never come across a Audi painted in Cosmic blue?it must be an older colour available on other models as it's never been used on an A3....the Q5 above looks identical to Racing Mica Blue which is a Exclusive paint as for Ara Blue crystal l think it will suit the A3 with the black styling package for max contrast here's kingfisher Blue with the black styling package View attachment 87433
Beautiful, would love that colour!

er...wow...liking that...shame I can't add the black pack...it works very well indeed....yes Cosmic is difficult to trace....yet there are a few pics knocking around of cosmic blue wrapped Audis ...and I think the Q5(?) is a paint finish...obviously until we see it with the naked eye its difficult to tell what its really like......at present it looks like I'll end up with a blue or a grey motor...exciting though!

If its Wrapped it aint a Audi colour...go on fourtitude.com they have every Exclusive colour catalogued..