More OEM bits fitted

andyccr

2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet
Reaction score
Well had some free time at work today and decided to 'fit' my OEM RS4 starter button brought for a bargain price of £20 on good old 'fleabay' !
Cut the little pocket off the front of my fag lighter bit and sanded down the end of the RS4 switch to make it all fit nicely.

All in and working and fully illuminated.

DSCF1503.jpg

DSCF1502.jpg

Tomorrows job is the RS4 inner door handles which have the different style aluminium handles and the ambient light LEDs - which look like this :
rs4door.jpg

Also got my missing bit of RS4 carbon trim to fit round the light switch, plus the wiring up of my interior rear view mirror.

Thanks to Neil @ Ipswich Audi for always supply the bits I want at a good price :)

Andy

..your itching for an Rs4 aint ya mate!:)

Looks good though, very neat!!
Like the Handles too.

I like the handles and the ambient light LEDs in them, how much were they and are they going to be difficult to fit?

Well as I've just brought a house the RS4 (only want a cabriolet RS4!) will have to wait - but I'm watching S4 cabriolet prices VERY carefully !!

yeah the rs4 Cabs are Beaut's, Blue ones especially!!!
getting the S4 will only make your itch get worse mate.:)

adcooper, will let you know on the handles tomorrow - but I am a car audio installer, so what might seem easy to me might be difficult to others.
Will let you know ASAP !!!

Cool cheers mate more interested in the LED's if you could let us know

One of the reasons I had to get the whole handles was because I wanted the ambient lights ! So you will have to buy the whole handle assembly.
To give you some idea they were only about £20 each complete plus £1 for each LED

£21 quid ent bad let me know how you get on fitting the and the wiring. You expecting many problems and where will the power to the LED's come from.

Power for LEDs will come from the lighting circuit already in the door for the window switches etc.
Don't think there will be any problems at all, quick bit of soldering and all should be cool.
Will report back after work tomorrow with any necessary pics / wiring info

Start Button fully works mate including illumination. What was the point of fitting it if it didn't work ?!!?

Door handles are in and all wired up. I just used the blue with brown trace from the CDL switch on driver's side and the same colours but from the passenger window switch.

Andy

Sounds good mate any chance of a bit more detail and or pic's if poss for some people all be it me who ent got a clue?

adcooper said:
I like the handles and the ambient light LEDs in them, how much were they and are they going to be difficult to fit?

If your car is a B6 S-Line it should have the interior light pack as standard which includes illuminated door handles.

BUB

oh i ent noticed it is a B6 s line avant, i will have to check but i didnt think it had them in the handles

Bubstar, theres been loads of discussion about interior light packs etc. There seems to be so many variations on 'lights' !!!

But if anyone wants any info on retrofitting the door handles then ask away

Andy

Some great RS4 bits fitted there mate and I love the red leather looks sooo sweet. The list of mods for the b6 is endless - I suppose the world is your oyster but headache is where do you start and when to stop... and your not helping getting us all excited on illuminated door handles lol

Do you need to take the hole door card off etc? Sorry for the question i just ent got a clue

Yes door card needs to come off, but thats only a couple of screws. It takes longer to unscrew the actual pull handle from the door card so you can then unscrew the 'door' handle! All in all, I rekon it was an hour from start to finish to do both doors.

Being a Clifford alarm installer I had some spare 'link' cables which I used to make up a 2 pin loom to 'plug' in the LEDs.

Basically :

Remove door card, on the cabriolet there was one at the very bottom of the door in the centre, one behind the tweeter grille and then remove the 'trim' (whatever you have - aluminium - wood bits etc). There is a couple of large screws which use T27 torx screws then a couple of philips screws.
The whole door card will then 'pop' off.

The removal of the inner pull handle and door handle is easy, its just all screwed together with T20 screws.

The LED just pushes in the back of the new door handle, into its proper 'ambient' piece of plastic !

To wire it up I used the illumination circuit that feeds to the central door locking switch (Blue/brown and Brown wires) and on the passenger door I used the electric window switch - using the same colours.

Easy hey !!!

And PAV - I've been quite lucky with finding cabriolet bits as EVERYTHING seems to be different ! Front and back lights, bumpers, interior panels etc !!

Andy

Is it possible to fit a Start button to a standard audi a4 b6? So that it can be used so you don't need to put your keys in just have them close by?

Ickleric, no this is not possible due to the factory key having a transponder chip in the key. You could move the chip out of the key I suppose and mount it somewhere near the transponder reader next to the barrel, then have a two stage switch to activate the ignition circuit and then the starter circuit.

Depends how technical you want to get, but it IS possible with some time and thought.

It is possible to fit the starter button to any Audi A4 though.

Andy

andy, what is the offset of our wheels i mean on a4cabrio? i want to install 18x8 on my b6 a4 cab with offset 35 is it ok?

yes mine are ET42, on a 8x19 fitment. You can run higher / lower offset with no problems. Sportec actually recommend fitting the 10mm kit to make mine ET32/35ish to push them out a little more, but mine seems fine.

Hope this helps

Andy

yes it helped a lot to. i am releif now that everything is ok with the wheels i ordered. kshn rsv 18x8 et35. i was afraid something might be wrong