More RS3's to be produced?

Lovepug13

Reaction score
Hi,

Was about to drop the cash on a nearly new S3 yesterday, just need to sort a few bits out and I will probably reserve it Tuesday.

However, salesman told me that more allocation of RS3's are coming to the UK. Can anyone confirm?

I was thinking I might be able to cash and pcp the rest - if there is one available.

Does anyone know if they can be ordered or is the allocation all gone?

Regards,

Adam

Some dealers may still have allocated slots left but Audi are sticking with the 500 cars being built. New A3 is due next year so the platform will be no more...

Yes but lets be honest, if audi can make another 500 for some quick cash, they would, 500 cars is nothing overall, I'm leaning towards more being built tbh, knowing zee germans.

The salesman confirms that Audi are now building "more" lol - Well thats what he said lol

I suspect it is still the original batch. I thought the delivery was split into 2, with the first lot in June/July, the latter due around the end of the year. Lots of cancelled orders due to the delays so just Audi trying to flog those I'd guess.

Audi uk have secured an extra 100 cars for production late 2012

Interesting.

I think the rush of early sales may have been as many 'prospectors' (buying to try and sell on at a profit after a couple of test flights) than bona fide buyers.

Can't believe there are another 100 people daft enough to part with £45k+ for an A3, but the more there are the better value they will be once they're slightly used so I'm game for more to be made. Roll on them getting to about £32k.

Last edited:
From what I was told there is approx 200 names on a list that have been offered these extra cars.

I'm happy with the price I paid for mine, and. Think it maybe a while before an RS3 hits 32k

From what I was told there is approx 200 names on a list that have been offered these extra cars.

I'm happy with the price I paid for mine, and. Think it maybe a while before an RS3 hits 32k

18 months I give it.

A TTRS loses 30% in that time, so I expect an RS3 to lose 22-25% based on the fact it has slightly more exclusivity, so i'd go with early £30's in not such a long way off after all the first cars have been delivered.