MOT failure for rear Coil Spring

Nozrul Islam

Reaction score
Afternoon people,
I haven't been on here for a while, and sadly been neglecting the car too...
Started an house extension and an outbuilding where I foolishly paid the builder in full and he's since gone leaving me to cover the cost to complete the remainder of the works, so I'm having to do this on my days off and stuff I can't do, I'm getting other builders to complete. So things have not been great for me for the past 7 months.
To make matters worse now the car has failed the MOT!
Rear Coil Spring but may as well replace both sides and was wondering which is the best one?

I have the B7 2.0T special edition so I think it has the sports suspension.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20210708_160810.jpg
    20210708_160810.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 160
As long as your cars not lowered, springs are springs for the most part.

Ideally replace both as only a matter of time before the other goes. One of the most common MOT failures on B7's.

Try Eurocarparts or you local Motorfactors

S-line springs are shorter than SE versions.

tfsi Special editions use S-line springs, springs rates differ across variants a bit so make sure you get the correct ones.

SE 's are not Special editions even though many think they are.

I have a low milage pair in the garage, not sure if they are fronts or rears though, I'll have a look.

These maybe fronts , but if you know
IMG 3152
different let me know.

I replaced my rear springs with a new pair of sachs items, paid less that £60 each i believe.

Thanks Guys,
I went through a local garage in the end, I use them quite frequently, they charged me £60 per side and springs @ £110 each from TPS.
Getting a bit annoyed with the car now.... I only did 2442 miles last year and the previous year 5142 miles, hardly drive the car and something always seems to go wrong with it!

* I'm no longer getting email updates for replies on my threads.

Glad it is sorted chap, rear spring breakages are the norm with audi springs I'm afraid.

My milage has halved over the last year too, not because of covid, i just don't use it as much these days but still wont part with it.
I look at it with the view that lower miles equals less wear and tear equals less running cost, i know it never pans out that way but it's good to dream..lol

check your settings for updates etc in your profile preferences, any probs let me know and I will take a look.

Thanks Rob.

Another subject, our cars ( A4 B7 Special Edition 220HP) - are they compatible with the E10 Fuel?
Checked the website, there isn't any definitive answer.

they will run on the new fuel but think performance will be affected to the detriment of the engine, I only use the highest octane rated fuel I can get, but I can see that going tits up soon too.

Audi​

E10 petrol is cleared for use in all Audi petrol driven vehicles, excluding the following vehicles:
  • First generation direct injection engines:
  • Audi A2 1.6 FSI, model years 2003-2005
  • Audi A3 1.6 FSI, model year 2004
  • Audi A3 2.0 FSI, model year 2004
  • Audi A4 2.0 FSI, model years 2003-2004
  • Audi A4 Saloon petrol engine models with OEM parking heater, of model years 2001-2008.
  • Audi A4 Avant petrol engine models with OEM parking heater of model years 2002- 2008.
NOTE: If your vehicle is listed above you should continue to use E5 petrol. If you are unsure please contact your local Audi dealer.

• Audi A4 Saloon petrol engine models with OEM parking heater, of model years 2001-2008.
I guess the above applies to our cars?
I was using Tesco 99 fuel for a number of years until this year where I been using the 95 Tescos, I guess I better get back to the 99 again.

Thanks Rob

I dont think you'll find yours has a parking heater , mine doesn't, its an aux heater not the water heated one.

Reactions: Nozrul Islam
Thanks Guys,
I went through a local garage in the end, I use them quite frequently, they charged me £60 per side and springs @ £110 each from TPS.
Getting a bit annoyed with the car now.... I only did 2442 miles last year and the previous year 5142 miles, hardly drive the car and something always seems to go wrong with it!

* I'm no longer getting email updates for replies on my threads.

I can't believe those spring prices.
I paid £120 delivered for my Eibachs, for 4.

Well that's a bonus then as they are almost new s-line ones, they still look to big to be rears..lol

Reactions: Nathan89