Mot tomorrow, slightly worried about emissions

Reaction score
I gave the fuel tank (diesel) a dose of that Forte tak last weekend and gave it a little thrash. A few little clouds of smoke but nothing bad.
The 3.0tdi Quattro is booked in for mot tomorrow, I was planning to go for a spirited drive before dropping it off.
Anything else I could do to help with the car getting through the emissions test please?
Thanks Mark.

Hi Mark - I can tell you about my experience with fuel cleaner. I needed to use some on my old mans Passat (TDi130 engine - same as the Audi) & it was making a lot of smoke, particularly if you floored it. I had kinda thought it was a no hoper & I have used the Forte additive before as it was recommended but this time I used an additive called Fuel Tone (available for Diesel & Petrol Engines) and drove 'spiritedly' to the MOT. WOW! It not only passed but actually had the best emissions figure it's EVER had! I wholeheartedly recommend this stuff, I use it in all the Family cars now with great success.

Reactions: AvantMike
Hi Mark - I can tell you about my experience with fuel cleaner. I needed to use some on my old mans Passat (TDi130 engine - same as the Audi) & it was making a lot of smoke, particularly if you floored it. I had kinda thought it was a no hoper & I have used the Forte additive before as it was recommended but this time I used an additive called Fuel Tone (available for Diesel & Petrol Engines) and drove 'spiritedly' to the MOT. WOW! It not only passed but actually had the best emissions figure it's EVER had! I wholeheartedly recommend this stuff, I use it in all the Family cars now with great success.
Boffin - where did you pick up the Fuel Tone? Can't find it anywhere (Snake Oil or not - for a few quid it's worth trying at least).

Hey Mike - it's actually made not far from where I live (Aberdeen) & its a relatively new product. I can get it easily in my area - maybe its not made it South of the Border yet? I could get some & send it to you if you like?

Hey Mike - it's actually made not far from where I live (Aberdeen) & its a relatively new product. I can get it easily in my area - maybe its not made it South of the Border yet? I could get some & send it to you if you like?
I think I've found somewhere (fingers crossed) If it doesn't work out I'll take you up on that Boffin - thanks mate.

Hey there BakPak, good news on the MOT! I assume they adjusted it & it passed?

No unfortunately they were too busy. Retest Wednesday. My local mechanic realigned the headlight beams, the n/s bulb was upside down!