Motorway Camera Flashes?

wolfie138

Reaction score
was driving on the M1 yester and in the queues i seems to see a few single blue flashes on the back of cars, was wondering what that was? i believe the motorway cameras flash twice, and these were fairly vivid blue and definitely a single flash. was crappy thundery weather so i'm wondering if it was just lightning reflecting or summat? no one seemed to be paying the least attention like, there was no mass flaring of brake lights from everyone as you usually see when a flash goes off or you see a cop parked ahead!

ANPR cameras?

Reactions: slepy
ANPR cameras don't flash so wouldn't have been those. Was it a variable speed limit area? usually in queues and built up traffic they will operate when a variable limit is in temp operation

Reactions: DrEskimo
there was a bunch of roadwork, speed was 50 mostly then a patch of 40. i know they had the markings on the road to tell the speed but as far as i know those cameras flash twice as you obviously need two pics to show the speed. might have just been average speed things triggering? like i say, just seemed strange that the flash was a definite blue and that no one seemed to be responding to it.