moving from S3 8V ??

Reaction score
So Iv Wanted an RS3 since forever and went for an S3 8V as at the time I wanted an 8V and couldnt afford the RS3 8V

Since owning her my head has been pointing at the RS3 8P (Which I had previously overlooked) and cant help but think that not only will it give what im missing with the S3 but may be better for longer term value retention?

What are your thoughts and do you think I will suffer at all from moving backwards in terms on model from 8V to 8P?

Would you consider modifying the S3? The RS is truly a beast, however, it doesn't take a huge effort to bridge the performance gap? You wont get the 5 pot sound but will save a lot of money!!!

An iron block RS3 will give you noise and theatre, but there is not a huge gap from that to the 2.0 EA888, performance wise. There is more of a gap now with the 2.5 at 400bhp and the 2.0 not moving much from the 300bhp.

Also the iron block is a heavy lump to heave round a corner and is hard on the front joints. The 4-pot is certainly the better balanced car. Again there is a difference in the newer cars where the RS3 has the lighter alloy engine.

IMHO the early cars are feeling a bit old now especially when jumping out of an MIB2 8V, but if you can find a well looked after one it is not so bad especially if you don't think you will mind the downgrade in the tech.

I wasn't convinced by the early cars and stuck to 4-pots but sometimes an RS3 is is an itch you just have to scratch and most here will know what that feels like. :tearsofjoy:

An iron block RS3 will give you noise and theatre, but there is not a huge gap from that to the 2.0 EA888, performance wise. There is more of a gap now with the 2.5 at 400bhp and the 2.0 not moving much from the 300bhp.

Also the iron block is a heavy lump to heave round a corner and is hard on the front joints. The 4-pot is certainly the better balanced car. Again there is a difference in the newer cars where the RS3 has the lighter alloy engine.

IMHO the early cars are feeling a bit old now especially when jumping out of an MIB2 8V, but if you can find a well looked after one it is not so bad especially if you don't think you will mind the downgrade in the tech.

I wasn't convinced by the early cars and stuck to 4-pots but sometimes an RS3 is is an itch you just have to scratch and most here will know what that feels like. :tearsofjoy:
I agree whole heartedly! I have a tuned 8v S3 and it is running 424hp on low boost and 509hp on high boost if you think g force will scratch the itch it is an option!

So Iv Wanted an RS3 since forever and went for an S3 8V as at the time I wanted an 8V and couldnt afford the RS3 8V

Since owning her my head has been pointing at the RS3 8P (Which I had previously overlooked) and cant help but think that not only will it give what im missing with the S3 but may be better for longer term value retention?

What are your thoughts and do you think I will suffer at all from moving backwards in terms on model from 8V to 8P?

Daza 8V FL is the sweetest spot.

Don’t get me wrong I’ve had em all and loved em all (8Y hmmm not so much) but for me if I had a choice of the 3 I’d go 17/18 Daza.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: flybynite
Daza 8V FL is the sweetest spot.

Don't disagree as they will be prying mine from my cold dead hands. :smiley:

But I can see a worthwhile DAZA may be too much of a stretch for many people (even if they can find one) and I think it would be a more difficult choice for me between an early iron block or a later 4-pot

Don't disagree as they will be prying mine from my cold dead hands. :smiley:

But I can see a worthwhile DAZA may be too much of a stretch for many people (even if they can find one) and I think it would be a more difficult choice for me between an early iron block or a later 4-pot

Four pot sounds terrible, sick of hearing that strangled wasp sound and the awful DSG burp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Yeah I saw that yesterday, he has done a couple of RS3 reviews.

Hardly a fair fight using a DAZA as comparison though?
lol I think any RS3 would not be a fair fight though.
And to be fair it’s more for the OP of this thread to view.

Hello, I made the jump from an S3 8v Saloon, APR Stage 1 with 365bhp last year. I absolutely loved that car and the torque was awesome. I kept asking myself can I justify the upgrade to the RS3.. it is worth it.
Money aside, absolutely. I have a DAZA 67 plate, with sports exhaust and its just epic. I also ensured I got the B&O sound system as well, but sometimes I don't know why as I just can't bring myself to not wind the window down a tad, put it in manual dynamic and listen to that beautiful 5 pot engine.

Performance wise, I wasn't sure at first. The S3 would pin you back to your seat, but the gears ran out quick... with the RS3, the power delivery is awesome.. it seems to just keep on going and going.. and now I'm used to it, its way faster than the S3. Plus the pops out the back in manual dynamic are great... and classy.. not too loud.

so if you can stretch to one, do so.. for me. it's all about that 5 pot sound.