Moving On Selling My S3

markwiggy

Third Gear
Reaction score
Time for the S3 to go. I have had a wonderful 3 yrs of ownership and enjoyed every minute.I am sure I will really miss the car but got to move on.My S3 is now for sale, I have advertised it on here firstly as I am in no mad rush to sell, need to wait for the reg transfer anyway.
I am sure I will still be lurking around on here seeing how you guys are all doing, and I am sure I will own another Audi in the future, maybe even sooner than I think. Who knows !!

http://audi-sport.net/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=5076&title=audi-s3&cat=20

Cheers
Mark

Looks lovely mate - i trust you are replacing it with something of equal quality and power?

Looks lovely mate - i trust you are replacing it with something of equal quality and power?

Dare I say it on here "bmw" James. Felt I really needed a change of car, I love the S3 but a time comes when you just need a change, if you understand.I have been waiting for the RS3, could be a long wait, and thought about getting a facelift S3 not sure that would really be a change. Anyway I then I test drove a BMW 123D M Sport, Mmmmm yes a diesel. I was quite impressed really,great twin turbo engine,liked the interior, lush wheels so I have bought one, a O8 model in titanium silver, leather, msport alloys with 8k on the clock. Got a really good deal so happy, I think.

Mark

Lovely car mate, I'm sure it'll go to a good home. What's next? I'm always curious to know what cars S3 owners move onto...

KKP - ^^^^^^^^^^^^

BMW tractor? Did you get a plough thrown in for good measure???

No - seriously - 123D is a great car - BMW do make outstanding diesel engines.

See you back here in 3 months when you get board of changing gear like a nutter when you run out of revs at 4k!!

KKP - ^^^^^^^^^^^^

BMW tractor? Did you get a plough thrown in for good measure???

No - seriously - 123D is a great car - BMW do make outstanding diesel engines.

See you back here in 3 months when you get board of changing gear like a nutter when you run out of revs at 4k!!

LMAO James, don't be pinching my lines, I have always said diesel is for tractors.

The reason I looked at BMW was for the outstanding engines, I drove a works car yesterday a diesel Focus, it was pants i thought I hope my little beemers better than this and it will be. The 123D is still pulling strong at 4k (strongish), drives very similar to a petrol with great power delivery.

You may well be correct and I will be back in a Audi very soon, we will see. The change of environment will do me good.

Mark

Last edited:
Lovely car mate, I'm sure it'll go to a good home. What's next? I'm always curious to know what cars S3 owners move onto...

Cheers, I hope it does go to a nice home, hence the advert on here. I would much rather it went to a enthusiast who would enjoy and care for it as I have ( sounds like a pet ), whoever does buy it will be chuffed to bits I reckon as it is a proper mint car.

Mark

Last edited:
No problem, your a good lad, its in A1 condition, hopefully it'll be a quick sale.

:icon_thumright: Hopefully your right and it will sell quickly, although not in a mad rush, will put it on pistonheads in a week or two.

Do you think the price is about right N8 ???????

Mark

Seems about right Mark, whoever buys it, is buying a really well looked after car :icon_thumright:

Mmm,Yeh tried to be sensible with the price, some people seem to ask silly money for their S3's .Not really expecting much of a response off here to be honest, but will see what happens.

Mark

Well put the car on Pistonheads on Friday and it is now sold. New owner will collect on saturday just in time for me to collect my car on Sunday. The S3 appears to be going to a good home and is replacing a Porsche Boxster, so very happy, although I am sure I will miss the S3.

I will still be lurking in the background on here to see what your all up to and I am sure I will be back in a Audi sometime in the future.

:icon_thumright:
Mark

Well done....did you mention us to the new member ?

So come on tell us just how pleasantly surprised you are with the 123D ?

Pics ?

Not got the car yet, fly down to Newquay on the 2nd May to collect it, drive back up on the 4th May so pics will follow. Really looking forward to getting it, people that own them really seem to rave about them, so we will see.

Mark

I have driven a few and they are very good, the engine is a gem and handling superb once you get rid of the run flats, well rated for a reason I don;t think you will be disappointed, not a direct competitor for an S3 but a great car in it's own right.

I have driven a few and they are very good, the engine is a gem and handling superb once you get rid of the run flats, well rated for a reason I don;t think you will be disappointed, not a direct competitor for an S3 but a great car in it's own right.

The BMW engines do seem very good, as for the handling I had a 120D for a weekend a few yrs back and really enjoyed it. Heard alot about runflats and the pros and cons of changing to conventional tyres, not really sure what to think just yet.

Mark

i was actually looking at a 123D M-Sport coupe as i wanted performance & economy and liked the styling of the coupe, and its cosier interior but they were just too £££. As well as the remap getting rid of the RFTs would be a major winner. My mate swapped his Z4 coupe to non RFTs and it was like a different car. CSLs with a staggered set up look the shizzle.

i was actually looking at a 123D M-Sport coupe as i wanted performance & economy and liked the styling of the coupe, and its cosier interior but they were just too £££. As well as the remap getting rid of the RFTs would be a major winner. My mate swapped his Z4 coupe to non RFTs and it was like a different car. CSLs with a staggered set up look the shizzle.

The same reasons I have decided to give it a go, I also really liked the interior. May have a look at changing the RFT's if it's suppose to make such a difference. Thanks for the advice.

Mark

Here is one of the pics the owner sent to me.

BMW_123d_side2.jpg