MP3 - SD cards

Snarler

Reaction score
Hello,

Have recently purchased a 1GB SD card (Sandisk) and downloaded music files onto the card from my computer when I put the car in the RNS-E unit, it tells me the car is empty (Doesn't seem to read the data on the card?) has anyone else had this problem............HELP

By the way just picked up my new A4 2.0T Special edition.......what a fab car........pics to follow

:hubbahubba:

Try reformatting the card FAT32 using your PC then re copy the mp3 files... edit I take it they ARE mp3 files???...

Is it an SDHC card? RNS-E will only read standard high speed SD cards, it does not read SDHC (high capacity) cards.

He said its a 1gb card so seeing as the minimum SDHC is 4gb thats unlikely...

Cupramax said:
Try reformatting the card FAT32 using your PC
That's one possible cause.

Others are:
- they're not mp3 files
- they have a new version of the ID3 tag, the RNS-E only works with old versions of the ID3 tag.

First thing to try is check the file extensions are .mp3, then re-formatting, then using an MP3 editor to change the ID3 tag version.

I had the same prob and can confirm that the files must be MP3 and the cards standard SD.

Hope you endjoy the car - I've got the 2.0T S-Line Special Edition Quattro and LOVE it

Does anyone know if the 4gb works on the Symphony 6 CD deck..... it really slow.....

Does anyone know if the 4gb works on the Symphony 6 CD deck..... it really slow.....
No SD cards work on the Symphony - it hasn't got any SD card slots!!!

Only the RNS-E has SD card slots.

The Symphony II will only play audio CDs, but the Symphony II+ will play MP3s in it's INTERNAL CD changer.

The OE EXTERNAL CD changer can ONLY play audio CDs.

I finaly got it to work on my 57 reg A4
1GB SD card (not HC), formatted FAT-32
Used 'Free M4a to MP3 Convertor 7.0' to convert iTunes m4a files to mp3
Used 'Multi ID3 Tag Editor' to remove the ID3v2 tags

Another thing to try is to right click on the drive, select properties / tools / check drive for errors and let it run a check.