MP3 - SD Cards

christov

A4 Cab 3.2 S-Line Quattro
Reaction score
Can anybody help please?

I have a 1gb SD card and have loaded a few CD's onto it which works absolutely fine.

I thought that when I loaded the card into the MP3 player, it would list the albums on the screen and i would simply click on the the album i wanted to play and it would then list all the tracks on that album, in much the same way as the multichanger works, but it doesn't. It starts with the first track of the first album and plays through them all one after the other, so if i wanted a track that was on say, the forth album, i would have to scroll through the first 3 abums track by track before i get to it.

Is this the way it should work, or am i doing something wrong? If i am doing something wrong, i would really appreciate an 'idiots' guide on how to make it work more efficently?

Chris

It usually loads up and starts playing the first track on the album on its own.

Just press RETURN and it should take you back to the 'root' of the card.

Thanks Isaac

Just tried it and it works exactly as you. Gonna spend tonight loading more music onto it

Chris

Best plan is to create a playlist file (.m3u) for each album and store them in the root folder of the SD card. Then store the actual mp3 files in a folder per album.

Then you just hit the RETURN button when in MP3 mode and the RNS-E screen will show the playlists, select one and that's what starts playing immediately.

Give you access to each album separately, then when an album is playing you can select any track.