MPG with Stage 1 remap

shinsplint

Reaction score
Hi guys, my commute now consists of a constant 60-70mph for about 25 miles, one long road. I generally get around 34 mpg. I am aware remaps can vary, but approximately what can I expect to get with a Stage 1 remap, with this kind of drive?

Just wondering whether its worth it.

Obviously given the chance the car is driven properly, but the commute is 80-90% of my driving.

(2007 S3 in otherwise standard form).

Hi there.

You may actually improve the mpg a bit,if you use the extra torque,and not the power.

Mine was averaging 28-29mpg before Stg1,and topping 30mpg after,but to be honest I'd see any mpg gains as a bonus,because you'll enjoy the power and torque much more.

Just to give you another plug for remapping,mine still averages 29mpg even after all it's mods.

Cheers Alex,

Thats what im hoping for. I was recently considering changing the S3 for something better on fuel, but if I can get just a bit more out of it then i'll be happy. Just need to find the pennies to get it done now.

Cheers Alex,

Thats what im hoping for. I was recently considering changing the S3 for something better on fuel, but if I can get just a bit more out of it then i'll be happy. Just need to find the pennies to get it done now.

Like I said though,if you treat it gently,you may get a bit more in the way of mpg,but the extra power and so on are more addictive.

I can get 33mpg from mine,but I can also get 17mpg.

haha, 17mpg :(

Never forget the day I bought the car - the car was sat with the engine running for a while, and after I drove away I seen the horrifying image of 14mpg on the dash lol.

haha, 17mpg :(

Never forget the day I bought the car - the car was sat with the engine running for a while, and after I drove away I seen the horrifying image of 14mpg on the dash lol.

The 17mpg figure was after a decent blast.

Even worse when you take that into account,than sitting idling.

But,on the bright side,way better than my worst from a Cosworth.....around 8mpg.

My MPG has ever so slightly improved since i remapped it.

I don't do many miles though and it is all town driving 5 miles each way to and from work. Rarely see above 24mpg if i'm being honest but compare this to the 22ish mpg average I was getting before the remap.

As Alex mentioned though I am definitely more inclined to use the additional power and torque at pretty much every opportunity. It's very addictive.

Reactions: S3Alex
On my 24 mile commute to work doing 75-80mph I've always averaged 28-30mpg now running Revo stage 1 driving similar maybe quicker here and there but still average the same mpg.

maybe one thing to take into consideration is how long are you planning on keeping the s3? the 2-3mpg you save may not get anywhere near the £350ish you pay for a remap if you sell in the next year or two? but you will definitely enjoy the added power and torque so go for it!!

My MPG improved drastically after removing the superchips map and flashing it with new one. Best I ever saw was 24mpg on average, with the new map its risen to 28. I even saw 40mpg on a hours trip down the M1 (majority of which was a 50mph).