Mpg? Worse than gtr!

kilojade

Reaction score
Guys had the rs3 for 3 days now and it's averaging around 13.8mpg! Surely that can't be right! My Nissan GT-R does 16.9mpg. And drive both just as hard as each other.

What does your mpg read?

Obviously enjoying the RS3, kilojade...

My 8P's done 26mpg from new, never seems to change and I'm OK with that

Our A2 does 50mpg plus so if I'm in fuel-saving mode I take that

I never take the RS3 in fuel saving mode
:racer:

Reactions: RGBARGEE
Everybodies driving style is different...................

For all we know you could be driving the nuts off it everywhere.............

I drive the nuts off the gtr all the time and get 15mpg. The rs3 only floor it every now and there when there is no traffic witch isn't very often. I do have it constantly in dynamic but still! Can't do 13.8mpg not a chance summit must be wrong lol

The old rs3 we had was around 21mpg and that got driven same as this new one ie same runs to school and work and back.

It's still on the full tank they put in it when bought it on Wednesday but the sods put 95ron in it :( it's only moved 1 bar since so that should prove I don't blast it around everywhere lol

Mine is low to mid 20's which is about right imho as my 130i was 26mpg. I measure mine fill up to fill up using petrol receipts.

Remember that it over fuels to get the noise so if always in dynamic you will suffer!

TX.

Woah woah woah
Your rocking a newish gte that's very nice and a new rs3 lol

Member if your on first tank have you reset the mpg trip computer cause it will still have all the start stop stuff moving about the dealers there and sitting idling lots will have dragged it down plus 95 it will not give as good a mpg as say she'll v power or tesco momentum

Cool will reset it!

Just been out in it and gived it a few blast down a long straight have noticed it really does hold back a lot. The old rs3 the pull was constant and smooth but this 1 defo feel it holding back :( maybe it's because of the 95ron or it having just 80miles on the clock. Not sure but if this is the way they are may need to get that dtuk box on it lol

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
Was told they don't need running in by the salesman when I asked

Do they ?

Give the car a chance mate.
Its like someone waking you up from a long sleep and asking you to run your fastest 100m and at the same time don't drink too much water when you're done.
MPG will get far better with miles but you will never get it good driving in dynamic all the time.
Let it loosen up.

Was told they don't need running in by the salesman when I asked

Do they ?
Well I kept mine under 4k revs for 600 miles although others do blast off from the get go. There is a chap on here that did launches on the day he got it!

TX.

i didn't run it in as others have, just waited till it was warm before flooring it. I always fill up on tesco momentum and typically average mid 20's, teens if I'm gunning it and once saw 30.sonething on a constant 60mph trip to work

Once I get this crappy 95ron fule out will then see how it is. Not liking the holding back though it's like the boost dies off abit then comes back in. So it's not a constant pull.

It's now doing 13mpg lol

Get some miles on it and a couple of tanks of good fuel ran through it and you will see the performance will get better.

Average is 27.7mpg on mine measured over 2806 miles. ...... This is before the Revo remap. I have now reset the speedo and track the difference

Attachments

• IMG_1233.JPG
    IMG_1233.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 306
Averaging 22mpg from She'll Nitro on generally short journeys, with revs under 4K which has been difficult.

She's now at 750miles and once at 1k it's a great day followed by an even better one as got a DTUK box sitting in wait

Sorry if I'm missing something, but if you're "blasting it down a long straight", what exactly are you expecting? The people who are getting mid 20s are driving it like normal people. If you thrash it (or any car), that will be the result.

You can floor it in a diesel Vauxhall Astra and get single figures MPG.

Why u guys not going over 4K waiting to hit 1k miles I was told by many people including Audi tech guy they don't need running in.

The mpg reading I got was after driving average. With a boot now and then. Didn't say I smash the car all over and getting crap mpg. It's abit better now anyway.

But still 5miles left of this crap fuel. How many miles you think I could get when the clock hits 0miles left in tank ? Want to use all of it up before filling with proper fuel!

Why u guys not going over 4K waiting to hit 1k miles I was told by many people including Audi tech guy they don't need running in.

The mpg reading I got was after driving average. With a boot now and then. Didn't say I smash the car all over and getting **** mpg. It's abit better now anyway.

But still 5miles left of this **** fuel. How many miles you think I could get when the clock hits 0miles left in tank ? Want to use all of it up before filling with proper fuel!

dont know on the mk2 because mine hasnt arrived yet, but i used to drive my mk1 quite hard and it always did about 250miles to a tank,

that probably included launch control starts and some fun twisty roads.

Drove 300 miles yesterday (motorway) and drove like an absolute fanny.... I managed to average 36mpg by the time I got home.

Reactions: Eigdoog
I have just got a S3 like you am finding the mpg crap but like others have said you need to let it run in below 4k rev's give it some quality fuel shell v-power.

Giving it a little trash now and then won't hurt it should help the oil rings bed in better but you'll need to give it at least 1k miles before its going to give good mpg and dynamic mode wont help the run in I don't think

Remember every thing is being loosen up and the ecu is still working out things

That's my 2cents

Has anyone seen improvement in mpg after doing a remap when driving in town.
My commute is a 20min through 30 mph roads so I would be interested to know if a remap will improve my current 20mpg.

My old Stage 1 S3 8P averaged 25mpg covering 150 miles in a week.

Approx 26 - 27 as an average and includes some inspirated driving.

Still 26mpg from new and 90% on Shell V-power Super Unleaded; whatever I do, wherever I go, however I drive, it averages out at 26mpg - and I'm OK with that as my only alternative to an RS3 would be an RS7 and I can't seem to get them things into double figures... :yahoo:

I'm guessing it's holding back because of the 95RON fuel in it, the ECU is protecting the engine from excessive knock.
I'd go on a couple of decent runs on the motorway to A, burn off the fuel, and B, give the engine a chance to bed in a bit more

I've just reached 1000 miles and its averaged 12.8mpg lol.

I've just reached 1000 miles and its averaged 12.8mpg lol.

Something wrong, race/trackdays, wanna be at first place all the time in traffic which you never will be :), engine needs tuning? One thing for shure it's not normal in daily traffic you should reach easy peasy the double.

Something wrong, race/trackdays, wanna be at first place all the time in traffic which you never will be :), engine needs tuning? One thing for shure it's not normal in daily traffic you should reach easy peasy the double.
I think your right def needs tuned something far wrong lol

Have a look in the thread below this one see where the mpg is coming from buddy.

I think your right def needs tuned something far wrong lol

Have a look in the thread below this one see where the mpg is coming from buddy.

Good for oil companys though :)

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3