MPG

Kohaku

Reaction score
Interested to know what others are achieving.

Iv'e always been obsessed with trying to get this up,it's like an addiction,can't help myself.

Last 713 miles...av 26.9 mpg. Probably pretty much average I would expect.

No long runs yet tho.

Will report back every 500 miles.

Need to start this off with "Should have bought a Diesel if your after MPG, blah blah blah"

There, That covers any further replies that arent actual MPG or people saying you've got an RS3 etc ;)

I've managed just 24, the Mrs managed 26 both on motorway runs at 70-80 ish. The cars only 500 miles on the clock so i'm expecting it to increase once bedded in.

In fairness ive been getting no more than 20mpg mixed driving as its just too easy to press the faster pedal.

Last edited:
No not worried about it,just curious.

Last car was 2.0 TDI 170 SE.

Did your missus have heavy boots on the motorway runs ?

Iv'e always been obsessed with trying to get this up,it's like an addiction,can't help myself.
The usual RS owner is more concerned with getting the MPG down and grinning a lot...

Getting an average of 24 over the past 1000 miles...

light comes on at about 265 miles...

No not worried about it,just curious.

Last car was 2.0 TDI 170 SE.

Did your missus have heavy boots on the motorway runs ?

Nah that was 70-80, Got to be as the engines still tight.

Can't tell you what the MPG is offhand but I do find that a tank lasts about 300 miles, with some spirited moments. I've also found that if you spend a bit more time at the pumps, you can get circa 5 more litres in by just easing in a bit at a time, rather than stopping when the automatic pump cut out kicks in...