MR2 owner thinking of 90s but dont know about them

LucasGQ

Reaction score
I Currently own a 1987 Toyota MR2 with a 4age 20v supercharged engine running about 315 to the rear wheals. A couple of months ago my wife turned up pregnant and she wants me to get a car more suitable for a family for when I have the baby, is an Audi 90s a good car that I could put some money in and have a good day to day driver and still be able to get some Hp's out of the engine and of course look good. Any knowledge of the car, problems I might have, mods I can make, and just anything like that. Please guys Im knew to Audis and need some help and advice. Also what motor swaps can be done?

Thanx-Luke

Hey if I had a baby on the way, I would be buying Marklin train sets and radio control toys (all for the baby of course...).
Since you seem to be a performance junkie, you could always get hold of one of the 20v 5pot motors with quattro then have lots of fun with that motor... better get wings for your child though...

Thanx audi5e. I really dont care to much about beefing up the audi I mainly just want a pretty car to drive every day and park my five year project in the garage. But one problem I am having is changing european money into american since I found some wheels I want to buy but dont know what it would cost me. Do you know about how much suspension would run me for the 90 and what type to get.

Just one last thing would you suggest getting an Audi over say a 4 door bmw, nissan, toyota, Etc....

Thanks-Luke

it is nice to see a fellow enthusiest of toyota I love them have had 5 and spent at least 7500 dollars extra on them in perfoemance which is why I want to get an audi because to (dont take this personnally audi guys i really like audis) I dont really think if you want performance you should get an audi except a s4 which so expensive that you will wish you didnt buy and to top it off the insurance will kill you. If you want performance get a Supra I have 1 word for everyone and that is 2JZ or get an s13 and put an RB26DETT motor in it I would love to see an Audi S4 out run one of those not likelt but it will out handle both that for certain. I mean I have a 2000 pound car with 315 wheel hp. I am performance not looking for a performance car I am looking for a cruiser something that I can lower put 18 or 19 on and maybe put a body kit and suspension on just little stuff like that so it will look nice as an every day driver. (not to mention that my wife said if I bring home another MR2 or supra or toyota of any sort she is going to kill so I am gonna get an Audi better let the wife win this one.

Thanks-Luke

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I suspect our wives/girlfriends let us think we win most of the time, just to stoke our ego's...

If the wife really wants and Audi, then I if I were you I would buy an early A6 2.8 quattro, they look good already. And they are decent cars for a reasonable price. Just get one that has been maintained at the dealer and has full service history.