Mud flaps/splash guards, yay or nay?

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
As the title says really chaps, what's people's thoughts on mud flaps/splash guards?

Does it help enhance the B7's rugged good looks or hinder them? Photos would be good if you are in the Yay camp if you have them fitted.

I keep meaning to get a set for mine Dani as I hate all the crap going down both sides of the car.....but other things keep getting in the way before I have a chance to buy them.

Reactions: Dani_B19
I'm in the same boat mate, the other thing putting me off has been the price, from online searches etc, it's around £100 for the front and rear, for genuine that is. Seems a little steep tbh.

not a big fan of mudflaps to be honest , I think they spoil the lines of the B7's especially on the avants , I just wash the car more often and keep it clean that way, personal choice really.

Defo yay from me mate,8 as you said they compliment and enhance the rugged look
4206c2eb3e384cdf78d1582ad870862c.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Marc B7, Dani_B19 and Charlie Farley
not sure that roof box could be called " enhancing " though....lol , and still not sure about mudflaps to be honest, cant put my finger on it but they just don't work for me, but then again a lot of things don't work for me..haha

I have them on mine. They were already fitted when I bought the car, and I quite like them personally.

20161126 112143 small

Thanks for the input chaps.

Well I've bit the bullet and bought the front set (genuine), just need to source the rears now.

Reactions: Obnoxious Kids
You're a 53 year old living in the countryside mate, any minute now I'm sure a zimerframe will "enhance" you. For now let's agree to disagree on the roof box as this forum topic is mudflaps

Your car looks ace!

If they came with my car I'd definitely keep them on for the practicality but for the time being I'll put the cash towards extra cleaning products.

heres mine mate

because the car is so low, i sometimes catc them on the humps, but other than that, i quite like them

Attachments

• IMG_4768.PNG
    IMG_4768.PNG
    856.4 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_4832.JPG
    IMG_4832.JPG
    321.8 KB · Views: 140
Reactions: Dani_B19 and Charlie Farley
You're a 53 year old living in the countryside mate, any minute now I'm sure a zimerframe will "enhance" you. For now let's agree to disagree on the roof box as this forum topic is mudflaps

they look better on a saloon than avant , in fact they look good on a blue DTM as above , just cant get on with them on avants, just my input.

Looks very well that sonny. The rear diffuser looks ace. Is that standard DTM issue?

Thanks for the input chaps.

Well I've bit the bullet and bought the front set (genuine), just need to source the rears now.
how much did you manage to get them for any look on rears yets as if not too much i might do the same and if there no too much just ditch them if they dont look right

Mark, I got a brand new set that a chap was selling for £10 haha. I'm still in the hunt for the rears though.

Didn't realise they were that different Sonny to the sline one. If I'd known I'd have bought that.

Mark, I got a brand new set that a chap was selling for £10 haha. I'm still in the hunt for the rears though.

Didn't realise they were that different Sonny to the sline one. If I'd known I'd have bought that.

all bumpers and sides are different to the sline. so is the engine. there are a few more bits and pieces that are different

Defo yay from me mate,8 as you said they compliment and enhance the rugged look
4206c2eb3e384cdf78d1582ad870862c.jpg

Lol my dyslexia is ripe tonight, at first glance I thought that sign said "obnoxious knob"!!! Hahaa

engines are the 220BUL units and same spec ecu, as fitted to the 2.0tfsi special editions mk1 &mk2 , also the same brakes , the two models share quite a few parts , also both came from the RS factory.....just some audi trivia .

I know that Sonny/rob, I wasn't clear. I've got a Se and just bought a sline diffuser but I presumed there was only 2 diffuser variants. Se and sline, clearly wrong. I know the DTM is quite a bit removed from the sline in terms of styling and also it shares he 220bhp engine.

Lucky for you dyslexia is not linked to intelligence

Please try not be obnoxious when posting on the forum. Keep your content replies neutral. If you not happy with someone's reply then report it.

P1000554

I like the mudflats on the B7, they are quite discrete but work well enough. It's a pity they don't do similar for the SQ5, it's got small deflectors around the arches which do next to nothing for keeping the sides clean.

Despite my new addition the old B7 cabby is still one of the best looking motors IMO.

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Dani_B19
looks very nice chap, it is surprising the amount of cab owner that take there trusty woofers out with the hood down.....nice one.

View attachment 117864

I like the mudflats on the B7, they are quite discrete but work well enough. It's a pity they don't do similar for the SQ5, it's got small deflectors around the arches which do next to nothing for keeping the sides clean.

Despite my new addition the old B7 cabby is still one of the best looking motors IMO.

How difficult was it to fit them on to yours?
Been looking at simple ways of making mine look a bit more 'sporty', this is def a quick win.

Bought a set of genuine front and rears, hopefully fitting at some stage this week. Will post a few before and after pics.