Multitronic help guys

Shogun

Reaction score
Hey guys just a quick one,
I remember when I bought the car I phoned the Audi that had done work on it for its life up to that point, just to check if it had any recalls or anything
And they said something about it needing the multitronic fluid replacing soon

Kinda forgot about that, and not really thought about it again until today, as it was very 'jerky' this morning for me and then again now , pulling really hard when im not on the accelerator and then not engaging soon as I press,
However only seems to be on start up after a bit it was ok

Just checking if ive missed something here pretty obvious that should of been serviced

I very recently had Audi give it a health check and they pulled me on a few things but nothing to do with that and they had looked through all the car history too

Sorry for waffling on, just ive been dumping a lot of money into this car lately and need it to stop lol :(

Car is a 2009 1.8T with 50k on it
Thanks in advance

Forgive me for pointing out the obvious, but from your own description, it sounds like you have missed something that should have been serviced; changing the multi-tronic gearbox oil. On my old B6, it had to be changed every 40,000 miles; it may be different on newer models - you'll need to read your car's service manual to be sure.

And when I say it had to be changed, it really is essential; missing an oil change on a multi-tronic will dramatically increase the risk of premature gearbox failiure.

Forgive me for pointing out the obvious, but from your own description, it sounds like you have missed something that should have been serviced; changing the multi-tronic gearbox oil. On my old B6, it had to be changed every 40,000 miles; it may be different on newer models - you'll need to read your car's service manual to be sure.

And when I say it had to be changed, it really is essential; missing an oil change on a multi-tronic will dramatically increase the risk of premature gearbox failiure.

Thanks for that mate, I know it sounded pretty stupid it was just literally a year ago and I could barely make out what the women said on the phone and she threw a load of information at me, and then Ive not heard anything of it since,

I kinda thought Audi would of flagged it because they had my car a couple days and really went over it,
Argh gunna have to make some phone calls then

The moral here is not to rely on what the dealer tells you but check the service book yourself.

You should be able to find a good indie to do the oil change for under £200. Fingers crossed that sorts it out, bud. :)

Reactions: skiptowncat
Thanks mate, I did look in the service book to be fair and couldn't see it but hey
Hopefully that sorts it out because it just did it again on a short trip,
And yeah it's gunna be an indie hope it's not too big of a job for him though!

40k oilcchange on the multitronic. Also dealer price of £175 is cheaper than my local independent can do it for due to the cost of the oil.

Reactions: jdp1962
Just an update lads, got the multi oil change done, cost me 150 in the end which suprised me because my guy is usually very expensive,
Cars still a little jerky :( but I am due a service too so maybe judge it after that I don't know