Murder It build

At AmD today for my HPFP install and stage 2+ remap.....will post results later

You'll come back smiling.....I guarantee that.

Reactions: GGG_666
Came out with 284hp and 321tq. Boost is a lot smoother as it was a bit sketchy after changing the intercooler and TIP and TOP. I'm very pleased with the outcome

Reactions: S3Alex
Came out with 284hp and 321tq. Boost is a lot smoother as it was a bit sketchy after changing the intercooler and TIP and TOP. I'm very pleased with the outcome

Thought you would be.

I was equally happy with that level on my car.
Just smooths things out nicely.

Its nice having full power before 4k RPM. Time to start saving and planning the next stage now

So I was wrong, full power at 5K. Either way the car is very responsive and fun to drive. Dyno print attached, take it as you will

Attachments

• Dyno_12Oct15.pdf
    246.1 KB · Views: 251
So I was wrong, full power at 5K. Either way the car is very responsive and fun to drive. Dyno print attached, take it as you will

Nice build and great stance, dya still get rubbing? How much you chucked into it so far....may I ask?

@Donny_DJ
No more rubbing at all, ET45 works perfect after having AmD set up my suspension and alignment.
I have a spreadsheet for all of my parts and it's a little shocking...lots more than the car is worth

Reactions: S3Alex
@GGG_666 how are the BC's for daily driving if you don't mind me asking as im getting my 10/8s fitted on the 30th

@Donny_DJ
No more rubbing at all, ET45 works perfect after having AmD set up my suspension and alignment.
I have a spreadsheet for all of my parts and it's a little shocking...lots more than the car is worth

I gave up counting a long while ago...deliberately!

Reactions: tcardio and GGG_666
@GGG_666 how are the BC's for daily driving if you don't mind me asking as im getting my 10/8s fitted on the 30th

I don't mind them for daily driving, however they are a LOT stiffer than a progressive spring but I got them exactly for that reason. I like to be low without the rubbing

Been a while since I've been on the forum. I've now moved to Cheltenham. Havent done anything new with the car....but....I have a lot of smoke on cold start now and it seems a bit of water in the oil :( I will be booking the car in for a check and I'm already getting prices on forged connecting rods, head gasket and turbo....just in case. I hope its not bad but if it is I'm just gonna go for it

Reactions: maxpayne and S3Alex
You can buy a test kit on Ebay to check whether the HG is leaking, simple to do.

I have a feeling its the turbo...one of the seals or something and its leaking oil into the exhaust and that just burns off on start

You are probably right. White smoke with burnt smell is turbo. Lots of them failing these days:pensive:

well, not the head gasket. I asked about the turbo and was told that it's not that. I don't believe it. I guess i'll just wait until it fails completely

Reactions: S.
No real new updates except the car is still running great at the current level and with 120k miles on the clock that with the stock turbo that's saying something. I'm getting the itch for upgrades again. Brakes and tyres are a must, turbo is a definite want right now. I don't want anything crazy so I may just opt in for a standard KO4 and injectors. I really can't be bothered to change the overcooked spaghetti connecting rods that are in this car.

Reactions: Sandra
Really liking this project, and those wheels look great.
Do you recall where you bought them from? I'm only finding them on American websites.

Quick update.
Got EBC Ultimax discs, yellow stuff pads and Goodridge lines all fitted. Bedding them in now. The brakes were due after 7 years of ownership and not touching them. They weren't even in the worst of shape which is surprising.

Next on the list is tyres before my MOT in October.... choices choices.......

I've also picked up a KO4-064 from Rhysy_Baby. The turbo looks brand new. I'm excited to get this in but I still need to source the remaining bits for the conversion.... injectors, DV re-locator, gaskets etc. I'm planning on changing the LPFP at the same time but I think I'll be waiting until after my MOT for all of this.

So after the brakes I got new tyres and paid my road tax.... good little chunk of cash going into the car in a short amount of time, then.... my oil level light comes on, checked and filled, light still on. Come to find out it was the bonnet catch, changed it and then all good.

The next day about a mile and a half from home, oil pressure light comes on..... oh no! risked it and drove it home. oil pickup was clogged... 123K on the clock. Oil drained, everything checked/replaced and the car is back up and running. What a scare the last few days has been for me.

Back to saving/buying bits for the KO4 install.....

Reactions: James__S3 and S.
Been a while again. I have now fitted the K04, injectors etc.... funnily enough it had a K03 exhaust side from the previous owner. I had it re-mapped locally and got 371bhp and over 400ft lbs, but I wasnt too happy with it, it felt loose and sloppy....so off to R-tech I went. After a half day sorting thru some issues we ended on 356bhp and just under 400ft lb. The car is smooth and rapid now. Its just the right amount of power for now and to keep the engine safe-ish.

Next step is paint. I believe we're going with Bentley Beluga Black with a candy black in one of the clear coats. Luckily the bro in law paints cars for a living.

hey,
when you fitted the k04, did you have to relocate the dv? got a friend with a tt 2.0 and hes got all the bits for the upgrade, but dont know about the dv relocate, whether you need an extension loom for it etc.

hey,
when you fitted the k04, did you have to relocate the dv? got a friend with a tt 2.0 and hes got all the bits for the upgrade, but dont know about the dv relocate, whether you need an extension loom for it etc.

Yea, you need the DV relocater.... its an S3 hose and an extended wire. R-tech has the list of parts needed on their site