My 2008 Ibis white S3

Shane-Ireland

Reaction score
So somehow i ended up buying an S3, the car came up for sale a few weeks ago and it appeared to be too good to not go and at least view it.

It's an Original Irish car with just under 61k on the clock, it was spec'd with heated Recaros, flat bottom steering wheel and darker colour wheels, Bi xenon headlights with AFS, Bose sound system, Dual zone climate control (which is useless is a car this size)

It came with a wad of receipts for work done - in the last year alone it's had a timing belt,water pump, new discs and pads on the front and new pads on the rear. The previous owner was a bit anal it's had 2 brake fluid flushes in 60k and even has had a new glove box fitted as the hinges broke on the old one. It's also has a cat back Milltek exhaust and an MTM map.

Since i've picked it up i've fitted a side repeater and a new trim for around the gear stick (someone drilled holes for a phone kit in the old one). It's also had oil changes in the Haldex, diff and gear box, along with a new Cam follower and a PCV valve, cruise control and a drivers side top mount.

The only thing i don't like is the Headunit the original RNS was replaced with a Dynavin one. It will do for now but It's clunky to use, when it's working it's fine. I can play spotify through it and make calls - it's very good at making calls as dynavin use parrot BT - the Bose sound system is also
16.gif
Dynavin are also one of the few aftermarket head units that let you keep your steering wheel controls and have the info displayed in the DIS.

Anyway some pics.

IMG_2672.jpg

IMG_2673.jpg

IMG_2677.jpg

IMG_2679.jpg

IMG_2680.jpg

IMG_2688.jpg

IMG_2691.jpg

IMG_2696.jpg

IMG_2700.jpg

Attachment_2.jpg

In the last week i've fitted 2 new F1 asymmetric 3's on the front and changed the oil and filter.

The car has developed a fault with the drivers side Bi xenon where it won't stay on full beams, full beams come on and then it reverts to dipped after a few seconds. It's showing a fault code for the Bi xenon flap motor. There are conflicting reports on line over this but a bulb change may fix it (i'm dubious on this), there's a receipt with the car for a bulb change on that side already so it may have happened in the past. I'll order a new bulb and see - it's a bumper off job apparently but at least when the bumper is off i can have a better look at the motor and see how easy it would be to remove and replace. Thankfully the headlights are savage and the dipped is more than adequate, it would be a different story in winter i guess.

Reactions: Jake 61, S3Alex, S. and 1 other person
Ibis white....such a good colour....LOL!

Mine is usually seen in the exclusive Ibis grey finish.

Reactions: Jake 61, St53daw, S. and 3 others
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Can anyone shed light on my main beam issue, can people also confirm which bulb the pre facelift bi xenons take ? Is it definitely a D1S ?

It is D1s and it's not a bumper off job. Managed to do mine with a bit of a faff from just the bonnet open. However removing the front of the arch liners is normally best as bumper off also requires the headlights to be removed.

Reactions: Shane-Ireland