My 2010 Red A4 B8 2.0 TDI S LINE Avant Black edition Build

lakers1234

Reaction score
Hi there

I bought an A4 B8 2.0 TDI S LINE AVANT IN Red about a month ago with plans to make it look like an S4 / Black Edition, or an S4 Black edition

Anyway, before I post some pics of the outcome, here's the story, with pictures:

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/what-to-do-with-my-red-a4-b8-s-line-avant.263225/

here you go: I am chuffed with the outcome:

57 2

57 8

57 1

20160326 164351

Attachments

• 20160326_163954.jpg
    20160326_163954.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 421
Reactions: Meemo and Chop.
Looking good mate, makes a big difference with the back grill and rotors.

Get windows tinted, de badge and black rings on rear will look spot on.

Reactions: Chop. and lakers1234
Looking good mate, makes a big difference with the back grill and rotors.

Get windows tinted, de badge and black rings on rear will look spot on.

nice one mate. Yes, getting the windows tinted was the next thing on the list and I know it will make an even bigger difference. I think I am going to sell it soon though, so don't know if it's worth doing.

Reactions: Chop.
That looks so much more classy :)

De-badge too would look great

Reactions: Chop.
I have similar plans for my Brilliant Red SE Avant.
Is that only the chrome surround you have painted black or the whole grille? Any tips for removing the surround, since it seems a bit tricky.
I have just repainted the wheel, which are the same as yours in the 3rd picture, except from an A5, so the ET is 29 and they are 8.5" wide.

I have similar plans for my Brilliant Red SE Avant.
Is that only the chrome surround you have painted black or the whole grille? Any tips for removing the surround, since it seems a bit tricky.
I have just repainted the wheel, which are the same as yours in the 3rd picture, except from an A5, so the ET is 29 and they are 8.5" wide.

Just the silver trim

I removed it from the grill, but you're right. It is tricky, and takes some common sense and patience in order to take it off without cracking.

I've done it before so It wasn't too bad for me. You can do it, but be prepared to break a couple clips. Although, they won't make too much a difference if you only break a couple

Another way to do it, would to just mask the rest of the grill, leaving just the trim.

Or just spray the whole grill, masking just the rings and holder.

I will be doing something similar very soon, will be good to see how this comes along

The wheels and grill made such a huge difference.

How much are a set of wheel like that to buy, also how much would a black grill cost?