My A3 Build Thread [Picture Based]

ConorA3

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I've seen other peoples build threads and it made me want to do my own. I'll be starting with the cheapest bits first due to insurance prices. Below is a build list of everything I want doing on the car.

That is pretty much everything I can think of, Some of the prices may be a little out as its a rough estimate for the budget I was wanting, for over the 3 years. If anyone has any advice pleases let me know

Reactions: leonwilliams
First bought the car.
 86  86 5  86 4  86 2  86 3

Decided the first cheap mod would be to buy some plastidip and black out the chrome.
Scd5hzT.jpg
tLGN0GL.jpg

I wanted to add some more red into the interior, I bought these strips off an app called wish for £2. I then added a Xtrons Radio which was £150.
zxGv7Pa.jpg
MrPRdKj.jpg

Boot Springs to open the boot from the remote - £30 Then I decided to paint them red.
8hbWHPz.jpg
aJ5i0zl.jpg

Car went for the windows tinted to 5% and lights on a dark smoke film.
luouKgn.jpg
6GTa2BX.jpg

Decided I didn't like the front Audi logo black so I peeled the plastidip off.
8MsIpvC.jpg

Debadged the rear and replaced the audi badge with a gloss black one - £5. Added four wind deflectors - £30
Wt18bvK.jpg

Last edited:
Painted the Mirrors black with platidip, This is only temporary until I get some new ones. Added a gloss black Sun Strip with a matte black logo.
XobpY1A.jpg

Where did you get them from?

Do they not put any extra stress on the lower mounting point?
I bought them off eBay, I haven't seen any stress on the lower mounting point. I've had these springs for around 6 months the first month the boot feels hard to close but thats about it.

Hi Guys, I've seen other peoples build threads and it made me want to do my own. I'll be starting with the cheapest bits first due to insurance prices. Below is a build list of everything I want doing on the car.

That is pretty much everything I can think of, Some of the prices may be a little out as its a rough estimate for the budget I was wanting, for over the 3 years. If anyone has any advice pleases let me know
Check my build thread

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Those nighteyes any good ? Been seeing them a lot lately online. What film did you use on the lights?

Those nighteyes any good ? Been seeing them a lot lately online. What film did you use on the lights?
They're better than the halogen lights and you can certainly tell when they're on. The film was a dark smoke, don't know what brand since a tinting place did it.

Rear Wiper stopped working so I decided to de-wipe it. (Car needs a clean)
mswMJ2z.jpg

Hated the yellow licence plate lights, So I bought some error free white LED ones.
tSdosQy.jpg
Sbd9z4x.jpg

I know ‘it’s each to their own’ but it’s not working for me sorry. The tinted lights don’t work, you’d be better off facelifting the rearlights and the club stickers scream boy racer. I’ll follow your thread with interest however.

Reactions: ScottyP45
I know ‘it’s each to their own’ but it’s not working for me sorry. The tinted lights don’t work, you’d be better off facelifting the rearlights and the club stickers scream boy racer. I’ll follow your thread with interest however.

I have to agree to be fair. I’d remove the stickers and also take off the S Line badge seen as though it’s not an S Line. Also with the Audi badges I think you should have them both the same colour.

Reactions: ScottyP45

I'd have a light smoke tint on lights personally as too dark just looks chavvy but to each their own. I also wouldn't have the glass plastered with stickers but hey mate it's your car so you go for it!

I have to agree to be fair. I’d remove the stickers and also take off the S Line badge seen as though it’s not an S Line. Also with the Audi badges I think you should have them both the same colour.
The lights look darker on the photos, in person you can actually see inside.
The stickers are like marmite, however I think after the car has been fully done it will look okay - if not im going to take them off since im doing the cheap bits first.
The sline badge on the grill is unfortunately superglued or something because I can't get it off :racer: , however im buying a new bumper when I get more money saved.

I'f there's anything else please let me know I'm always open to offers

The lights look darker on the photos, in person you can actually see inside.
The stickers are like marmite, however I think after the car has been fully done it will look okay - if not im going to take them off since im doing the cheap bits first.
The sline badge on the grill is unfortunately superglued or something because I can't get it off :racer: , however im buying a new bumper when I get more money saved.

I'f there's anything else please let me know I'm always open to offers

I’m guessing you’ve bought a proper S Line grille then?
I’d suggest what the other guy said, get some facelift rear lights and then if you’re going to tint them don’t make them as dark

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/posts/3286107/

51933cc6503ae7604ade411ccc66fd91.jpg

imo omy193's red a3 is one of the nicest red 8ps, or 8ps in general, ive seen on here.

notice none of it is ott, its all subtle but the whole cars been modded. started off looking like yours did standard.

atm youre going for mods that ruin the car imo. sometimes less is more

I’m guessing you’ve bought a proper S Line grille then?
I’d suggest what the other guy said, get some facelift rear lights and then if you’re going to tint them don’t make them as dark
TBH I'm not sure the grill was cracked shortly after I bought it so I bought the first one on facebook. I'll be getting rear facelift lights when I buy a new front bumper and the front lights. Its on my to do list, however insurance is 3.5k ahha

imo omy193's red a3 is one of the nicest red 8ps, or 8ps in general, ive seen on here.

notice none of it is ott, its all subtle but the whole cars been modded. started off looking like yours did standard.

I've bookmarked this, that car looks sweet. Wish mine was a 3.2L

TBH I'm not sure the grill was cracked shortly after I bought it so I bought the first one on facebook. I'll be getting rear facelift lights when I buy a new front bumper and the front lights. Its on my to do list, however insurance is 3.5k ahha
*** 3.5k?? Is that pesos or pounds? Now that's the only time I'm glad to be over 45 cos mine is £230 fully comp for any engine size. Jeezus!

That is sweet. Clean lines, spacers and stance. Not a red car fan but that's lovely

Oh and just to put this out there...cos it has to be said.... wind deflectors suck. Even hekos, they look like something your grandad should have. On his Austin Montego. Everyone can stop pretending they're cool. Cos they're not. Ok you've all been told, now don't do it again.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: downtothebone and abmat

Jesus that steep for insurance, I’m 19 and my insurance dropped from £2k down to £879 with only 1 year no claims !

I've bookmarked this, that car looks sweet. Wish mine was a 3.2L

yeah its nice. 3.2 is cool, but a 2.0tdi at im guessing a youngish age is v. good. i was driving a 1.0l corsa for years when i first passed.

btw, the rs3 bumper idea, youre gonna need wings, mirrors, bonnet, headlights are about 4-500 minimum for the ones you want, the bumper and then it all sprayed and fitted. you might as well buy an actual rs3 after all that!

personally, id keep this car standardish. the tints look great, the stickers and tinted lights can be removed/facelift rear lights fitted, and youll have a great car. nothing done so far is irreversible, itll take a few mins to make it look how it was.

maybe change the wheels to some more modern ones like le mans style wheels for a few hundred, then sell yours to recoup some money.

use the money on maintenance, learn to service the car yourself, then when youre ready sell it to get the car you really want.
if you go crazy with this car, youll have thousands invested that youll never recoup on a car youll find very difficult to sell unless you reduce the cost drastically.

yeah its nice. 3.2 is cool, but a 2.0tdi at im guessing a youngish age is v. good. i was driving a 1.0l corsa for years when i first passed.

btw, the rs3 bumper idea, youre gonna need wings, mirrors, bonnet, headlights are about 4-500 minimum for the ones you want, the bumper and then it all sprayed and fitted. you might as well buy an actual rs3 after all that!

personally, id keep this car standardish. the tints look great, the stickers and tinted lights can be removed/facelift rear lights fitted, and youll have a great car. nothing done so far is irreversible, itll take a few mins to make it look how it was.

maybe change the wheels to some more modern ones like le mans style wheels for a few hundred, then sell yours to recoup some money.

use the money on maintenance, learn to service the car yourself, then when youre ready sell it to get the car you really want.
if you go crazy with this car, youll have thousands invested that youll never recoup on a car youll find very difficult to sell unless you reduce the cost drastically.

Sage words.

Conor, your car is a peach son, it looks superb. Yeah the rears look a bit dark in the pics but the fronts look lush and the actual whole package is very nice, well done. Don't go mad, just bit by bit, then get to 25 and your insurance will be a fraction of what it is now, you can then get an S3 (you'll be back to £3.5k lol) but it will be so good to get there.

Keep it up mate!

I have someone at xclusive customs who's given me a quote for the front bumper and painted. The facelift headlights are something I really want so buying a bonnet too shouldn't be that expensive. I'll be fitting them myself since I love a good challenge :D. I've just bought them covers you linked :)

I’ve fitted the defuser today. It was a pain with it being fibreglass. When it eventually breaks I’ll be buying an abs plastic one.
Also does anyone know if the rs3 8p bumpers are a straight fit on to mine.
1fb4e6f9c16f02a411a0dbc2c72a19c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diffuser looks good. got any better pics of it

pretty sure its mentioned on this thread already, but the front rs3 bumper aint a direct fit to your year car. youll need to facelift it, new wings/bonnet/mirrors/headlights

diffuser looks good. got any better pics of it

pretty sure its mentioned on this thread already, but the front rs3 bumper aint a direct fit to your year car. youll need to facelift it, new wings/bonnet/mirrors/headlights
Heres a side shot for you. I'm sure you have before however I mean the rear, as ill be changing it all due to the little bump on the left rear.
zmoMJut.jpg

Reactions: samisnake