My A4 3.2 Convertible build thread.

Chrislich

Reaction score
Well I've been lurking for a while but I'm going to try be more involved. I purchased a 3.2fsi quattro s line A4 Convertible in march after having Jap cars my whole life. I used to have a 350z hence why the noise of the V6 did it for me. Nothing else would do, I tried a diesel but the car I ended up with what i fell in love with.

I've been a bit lost on what to do as I don't know what goes where and what's good so after a bit of reading I've got a little list of things i want to do and things I've already done. Only small bits so far but big things to come.

Done already:
Fitted cruise control
Ipod lead fitted
Painted calipers gloss black (only done today)

On the list:
RS4 Rear anti roll bar
Upgrade brakes to SS Hoses, better pads and drilled and grooved discs
H&R Springs
Spacers front and rear (unsure how much)
Custom bi-xenon headlights with DRL (i've got a used set which i plan to set to work on)

Anything else people think would be good please by all means let me know. I'm new to german so not entirely sure what to go for.

I will get pics up ASAP.

Chris

Welcome! :sign_pics:

Where abouts are you based? Always nice to see another cab owner!

Get a Seat Cupra-R front splitter under your front bumper if you don't have anything else on there!

Welcome bud, nice choice of car!

I'm based in Lichfield so south staffs. I haven't seen many with the cupra lip on. I don't understand either how I have an s line yet don't have the more aggressive bumper??

I've got the more rounded one. I must put pics up

For some reason not all the s line convertibles got s line bumpers and were given SE ones instead. I'm sure someone will be along soon to say why. Depending on what it's already on you may want to consider cutting the service schedules down if it's on long life. I run mine on 5w40 oil (dampens down chain noise) and change every 6k.

Right I've got my spare set of headlights open. Wondering whether to leave chrome or spray the whole thing Matt black??

Definitely black!

That's what I was thinking. Proper aggressive look

I don't understand either how I have an s line yet don't have the more aggressive bumper??

I've got the more rounded one. I must put pics up

For some reason not all the s line convertibles got s line bumpers and were given SE ones instead. I'm sure someone will be along soon to say why.

I've got a Cabrio S-line, and looking into the factory-fit options that were available, I also have what is described as the "S-Line Ext pack" which was listed in the 2007 brochure as a £750 option:

S line exterior styling pack comprising:
• S line front bumper
• S line radiator grille
• Re-styled rear diffuser

So that would explain why some S-line models have different bumpers etc.

I've got a Cabrio S-line, and looking into the factory-fit options that were available, I also have what is described as the "S-Line Ext pack" which was listed in the 2007 brochure as a £750 option:

S line exterior styling pack comprising:
• S line front bumper
• S line radiator grille
• Re-styled rear diffuser

So that would explain why some S-line models have different bumpers etc.

A ploy for Audi to get more money out of people?

A ploy for Audi to get more money out of people?

Yeah - because they don't get enough out of us at £160 per hour labour rates !!!

If anyone is interested, I tracked down a PDF brochure of the 2007 range, with all the available options, prices, specs etc. Useful for checking exactly what your car should have / could have had from the factory.

Reactions: Brennan